Anyone know leet?

by gambit 11 Replies latest social family

• gambit
    gambit

I have a 15 year old, how is very computer savvy... I try to keep up on all of the language, but this one is really difficult.

Does leet mutate, it sure seems to? Anyway, the real question is, does anyone know the meaning of 1336? I can't figure it out. I am trying to interpret a few coded conversations and comments he has made.

Is anyone aware of a good leet reference desk?

64mq17

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

1337 is "cool" or "awesome" and 1336 is more 1337 (cooler) than 1337. This is hacker language.

• gambit
    gambit

So, less = cooler, wow, confusing... I interpreted it as less than elite, ie, not of the same group of people... but it wasn't adding up based on the conversations... It's hard to keep up with what they are really up to, and who there "real" friends are.

I thought 1337 simply meet leet. I see know how that means cool... Leet = Elite = Of the Elite Class = Cool...
    I guess that's how it would break down... I need to come up to speed more on today's hacker language...

Maybe even give it another go around.
    I was a hacker in the 80's... things have changed just a little.

Thanks Wordly girl...

• gumby
    gumby

I'm an idiot......I thought leet was feet spelled wrong.

Gumby

• gambit
    gambit

@ Gumby...

I'm an idiot too... You wouldn't believe some of the bad translations I've made... It's worse than learning Spanish from a French native. When you're learning a new language, you invariably fail to realize how the cultural slang affects the real usage... that's where I think I'm at with parts of this language.

gambit

• gumby
    gumby

I still haven't learned proper English.......so no need for me to learn another yet. Maybe when I get older........I'm ONLY 49!

Gumby

• Aztec
    Aztec

I just figured out what Linux was (and learned the correct pronounciation) so I'm of no help whatsoever. I do, however, remember how to program in BASIC. Woohoo me! I'm with Gumby (my idol) I'm still learning proper English... I can speak hockeyese though...hehe!

~Aztec

• gumby
    gumby

I'm glad I have fellow idiot friends!

Gumby

• Aztec
    Aztec

Gumby,

I'll be your fellow idiot friend anytime!

~Aztec

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

j00 cAN PHIND @ L3ET 5P3@K 93nER@tOr @+ +He PH0LlOwiN9 uRl.

http://www.ryanross.net/leet/

Walter

ON+4riO D1$+r1cT ov3rBEEr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit