Harassment of Individual JWs

by Simon 12 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

Just a reminder:

Please do not use this site to pursue, conduct or incite harassment of any individual JWs who are not officers or directors of the organization.

If someone is guilty of some specific crime then it should be reported to the authorities but someone simply following their religious beliefs and taking part in their chosen religion should be free to do so without personal attacks.

• stillin
    stillin

Good of you to say that, Simon.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Please do not use this site to pursue, conduct or incite harassment of any individual JWs who are not officers or directors of the organization.....Simon

Image result for torches and pitchforks

Image result for torches and pitchforks

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Please do not use this site to pursue, conduct or incite harassment of any individual JWs who are not officers or directors of the organization.

Yep. Only currently serving mature Christian elders in good standing are are allowed "to pursue, conduct or incite harassment of any individual JWs who are not officers or directors of the organization."

• Simon
    Simon

It doesn't matter what they do. We're better than that.

Two wrongs don't make a right (although in programming two false's make a true)

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Your forum .........your rules ..............my 10 plus platforms my rules

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

(although in programming two false's make a true)

Unless you Xor them :)

• Simon
    Simon

You can always find a programmer in a crowd ... just make a statement that has a slight inconsistency and they will pounce. LOL

• Simon
    Simon

Back to the topic ...

It matters because you don't know and can't judge the people involved and no one deserves to be harassed just because they belong to a religion.

I remember someone telling me years ago that the way I had handled people trying to attack their pro-JW forum really stuck with them and made them question the narrative that we were all raving lunatics. They left. You don't know who else will leave at some point.

We want to help people and reach people to reason with them. Attacking individuals is both unnecessary and counter productive.

People have families and kids and don't need the stress and upset. It doesn't matter if "some JWs" do that to us or to others - they are not some amorphous blob, they are individuals.

I hate their religion and I don't like many of their practices but I don't hate them.

Oh, and your 10 platforms - wouldn't that be their rules too, not yours?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Good points to make. At the same time I do think the post on another thread that may have prompted this post was intended as a joke, and I think most would have read it that way. Good to clarify nonetheless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit