What is the thing that keeps you going?

by Sassy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

Yerusalyim started a thread about not feeling well and asked what others biggest complaints were right now.. So I got to thinking, what is the opposite? What is the one thing that gives you a reason most to smile and get out of bed in the morning. What makes you really really happy right now??

(I'll come back and tell you mine later)

• gumby
  • franklin J
    franklin J

...my kids, my wife, and my home

in that order. And I do count my blessings....

Frank

• Frantic
    Frantic

hey sns,

well, music is my driving force at the moment. Either listening or writing. This is an everyday firestarter to get me out of bed (then going to uni/work).
    taking in things we normally wouldnt appreciate fully like the sky and the clouds.....rainy and breezy days (this puts a smile on my face)

Its sad but family has not come into the equation yet (as to getting up in the morning for a reason to live).....u know..... In 10 years this will all change, new perspectives, probably what mr Frankin said. Things that matter most.

Frantically Insane Andy

• Piph
    Piph

The next apostafest. :D

• Amazing
    Amazing

I am happy about a number of things. While I have been set back with my health, I am on an uphill stride and feel pretty good.

Most of all ... seeking, and getting justice for JW sex abuse victims. When the Watchtower Society finally has to face the music, and stand before a Judge in a Civil Court and account for its failure to protect its most vulnerable, its children ... and when they pony up some liquid assets (money to those of you who live in Rio Linda) ... Justice to the benefit of the victims ... then, I will be ecstatic!!! Until then I am happy working toward that end.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Actually I pretty much keep myself going. Even though I have a loving family and pretty cool boyfriend I am the driving force behind me. I am focused on the future and therefore I'm getting a good education. The education isn't to find out what's wrong with the world, as some have suggested I do with it, but to give myself the tools to earn a good living.

Selfish I know but it's why I go to school. I recently attended another job fair at school and the market looks good for the area I'm entering. Even better than I was hoping.

So it's me and my future that keep me going.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*shakes head*

How can you live with yourself Stacy?

*heavy sigh*

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LOL Piph! Bring some booze, k?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Good to hear, Stacy. I wish I had the opportunity to go to college... but it was against the rules back then...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit