The Society is Blocking Research On their Web Site

by new boy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

You mean "Old Light" right:)

We only need "present truth".

Did you remember when that was the catchphrase - present truth. OMG

I thought Truth was Truth? I thought that it didnt change?

• zeb
    zeb

It was about a year ago ? they asked everyone to remove old wt libraries from their computers and to dispose of the actual discs.

I had a rehash of the 'Truth' book that was an unashamed alteration of what the original had said but I have recently scrubbed a whole lot of stuff off this computer as i had so much of it.

I was hopeful at one stage that i would be able to show these to my wife but lightning bolts and explosive wont get her to even glance at any criticism of the borg.

Their lies are just so depressing. My wife was so insistent I get rid of the discs so i sent them onto another reader who was better served to research the flip flops of the wt.

• zeb
    zeb

Not Culty.

To all here this is a massive file.

It adds an enormous library for anyone fighting abuse, it would worth sending it on to any ones lawyer so they have (if needed!) more background.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Zeb - WOW what warning flags would cause her to say, hey why would they want me to do that?
    Why should I not have access to old magazines and books?

• BethSarim Is My Name
    BethSarim Is My Name

That's what wol.jw.org is...

• BethSarim Is My Name
    BethSarim Is My Name

PS I still think this online database is super dangerous... no one can guarantee me that it will be unchanged as it's an easy repository to access and change content...

But I had no idea people were told to DISPOSE of them... massive red flag,... and by the way JW's are super sentimental about the books... I remember it is seen as spiritual food I hated tossing scrumpled up books and magazines. At my mom's house there's a couple of closets worth of old books no one dares throw away...

• vienne
    vienne

Zeb, do you have the actual reference for that? Was it a WT letter? Which date? Can you post it?

• blondie
    blondie

I did notice that the WT has put the Proclaimers back on WOL.

• kramer
    kramer

Please post the reference of the request to destroy old material. I don’t think that happened.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

When I first walked away I scoured the internet for every single out of print publication and downloaded them. I spent day and night researching and downloading. It was a mad house LOL.

I now digitally own just about every publication they ever released.

And thanks to Atlantis and the underground movement (God bless these people) I also own just about every letter and announcement ever made to elders and congregations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit