Now I`ll be disfelowshiped for sure ...

by invictus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• invictus
    invictus

Maveric,pat,bebu,Heather and jgnat,

thank you very much for your understanding and support.

You know when I was told to go to the meetings I asked them:so you want me to act as a disfelowshiped person even I am not? and the response was : well it is you who have a problem not us or society so you have to work it out?!

oh, I worked it out - out the door as fast as I could, and yes I do count my blessings especially regarding kids who are going to have a normal childhood.And regarding wt org, I first felt very hurt,then angry then sad,and now - just disapointed with myself that I didn`t see who they realy are earlier...better ever than never.

Invictus

• jessicajah
    jessicajah

I love it! I am soooooooo proud of you! You have a great attitude & are very kind to feel sorry for them like we should, since they are living in a smokescreened world! anyhow, stand firm & resist falling into their guilt trip tactics. don't ever 2nd guess your decision to get out of that twisted org. i'm praying for you all! quite frankly, i think that the mistletoe idea was great, except you need to greet them rear-end first! Take care & remember that you have tons of real people who are cheering for you here!

• invictus
    invictus

jessicajah,

thank you for your kind reply and if I missed to welcome you here it is - welcome to the forum and looking forward to your posts.

Invictus

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    I do count my blessings especially regarding kids who are going to have a normal childhood

As one of those kids that was able to leave with their parents let me tell you that I'm going to be grateful to my parents as long as I breathe. I'm now a junior in college that is getting good grades and I'm looking forward to a very enjoyable life.

You may have some weak moments along the way but think of it as a recovery period. My parents were firm in their resolve to leave but I know mom had her moments. We all stuck together and guess what, we're as normal as any other family these days.

And we're having turkey on Thanksgiving even, imagine that, what sinners we are.

Don't tell anyone but I even have a boyfriend and we date without a chaperone.

yikes

• invictus
    invictus

Thank you Stacy,

I am truly happy for you ,and congratulations for your excellent results in college and in life.

btw - regarding your boyfriend - your secret is safe with me

Invictus

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

So it's ok for them to hold meetings and talk about what they believe... and go door to door talking about what they believe... and print books about what they believe and sell books about what they believe...

BUT

You are not allowed to talk about what YOU believe.

That's right... JWs do believe in freedom of speech... and freedom of religion: FOR THEMSELVES, but no one else. They are the epitome of intolerance.

• invictus
    invictus

Elsewhere,

you summed it up very well - that is their message. What offended me was that my fact-based opinion about wt wrongdoing is categorized as bad-mouthing; I just have to learn not to take those remarks too seriously, but now that still hurts especially comming from people that I considered part of my family.

Invictus

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    and for friends - well we`ll just have to meet new ones.

You have such a level head... good for you. *** big slap on the back*** . re: "friends" ... Like the old saying goes, "if you miss the bus, don't worry, there will be another one by in 10 minutes.

• invictus
    invictus

Double Edge,thank you,

I am able to think this way because of the support that my husband is giving me - he is the one with good attitude towards things -accepting them as they come and just moving on, with no desire to look back too long.So I am learning a lot from him.

Invictus

• gumby
    gumby
    I don`t know what happened to me because I started to laugh so loud my tears were coming down;I just couldn`t control myself

I know what happened.

When you can come to a point in your Jehovah's Witness life when you can look at their beliefs and laugh...........then YOU KNOW you have not made a mistake in leaving. Cheers to you, for seeing falsity at it's best!

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit