The G.B. are now going to be EQUAL with Christ in heaven!!!!

by BoogerMan 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

They are not just going to be "joint kings and priests," oh no, because the latest Washtowel is sneakily implying that they will be "joint kings and high priests."

October 2023 Study Watchtower p. 28, par. 13 - "After Jesus was resurrected, he entered the Most Holy of the spiritual temple, where all the anointed eventually join him."

Since only a HIGH priest can enter the Most Holy, it means that there are now going to be 144,000 High Priests in heaven.

It looks like the apostle Paul was wrong when he told Christians that they were God's spiritual temple.

(1 Corinthians 3:16, 17) Do you not know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that the spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him; for the temple of God is holy, and you are that temple.

(1 Corinthians 6:19) Do you not know that your body is the temple of the holy spirit within you, which you have from God?

(2 Corinthians 6:16) For we are a temple of a living God;

(Ephesians 2:19-22) So you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but you are fellow citizens of the holy ones and are members of the household of God, and you have been built up on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, while Christ Jesus himself is the foundation cornerstone. In union with him the whole building, being harmoniously joined together, is growing into a holy temple for Jehovah. In union with him you too are being built up together into a place for God to inhabit by spirit.

(2 Thessalonians 2:3, 4) Let no one lead you astray in any way, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction. He stands in opposition and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits down in the temple of God, publicly showing himself to be a god.

(Revelation 7:14, 15) And he said to me: “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. That is why they are before the throne of God, and they are rendering him sacred service day and night in his temple;

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

They (this new group: 2.0) are an EGOTISTICAL/HUBRISTIC bunch! NO HUMILITY from them! They, in actuality/reality, want THE WORSHIP of humankind! 🤬

• Vidqun
    Vidqun
    October 2023 Study Watchtower p. 28, par. 13 - "After Jesus was resurrected, he entered the Most Holy of the spiritual temple, where all the anointed eventually join him."

I have news for them. There is not going to be a temple in heaven. When Revelation refers to the sanctuary in heaven, it points to a symbolic tabernacle (cf. Rev. 15:5). Funny. One would have thought that the anointed would know this:

22 And I did not see a temple in it, for Jehovah God the Almighty is its temple, also the Lamb [is].

23 And the city has no need of the sun nor of the moon to shine upon it, for the glory of God lighted it up, and its lamp was the Lamb. (Rev. 21:22, 23 NW)

It looks like the apostle Paul was wrong when he told Christians that they were God's spiritual temple.

Yes, BoogerMan, you’ve hit the nail on the head. This is the point. God’s people is going to make up God’s temple. This also explains why God orders the measuring of the temple as his property. His people will be kept safe through the tribulation period. However, the courtyard He allows to be trampled by the nations for three and a half years (Rev. 11:1, 2; cf. Rev. 7:14).

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

I have news for them. There is not going to be a temple in heaven. When Revelation refers to the sanctuary in heaven, it points to a symbolic tabernacle (cf. Rev. 15:5). Funny. One would have thought that the anointed would know this:

22 And I did not see a temple in it, for Jehovah God the Almighty is its temple, also the Lamb [is].

There is also the fact that arguing over such bible minutia always put me to sleep and was probably my first step in leaving. It's like nerds debating if Star Wars blasters are lasers vs. ion cannons or some nonsense. Dude. It aint real.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Why are you looking at this thread then if you are so disinterested? Give it a break. Rather follow threads at your level and interest. Your comment adds nothing of value.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

We know that the Bible says that Jesus’ Apostles will be with him in heaven as the bride of Christ. Let’s say that symbolically that relationship is like that of Adam and Eve when God brought Eve to Adam. Although she was a complement of Adam, it is debatable that Eve was Adam’s equal. But in the joint heirs aspect of the Seed Prophecy, it appears that Jesus shares the Messianic Kingdom rule jointly with the “Heirs of the Promise.” That prophecy applies to some entity. JW “anointed” profess to be that entity.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Yes, I agree. Jesus will always be the head (Eph. 5:23).

21 To the one that conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, even as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. (Rev. 3:21 NWT)

This is what Thayer's Lexicon says of the above, which makes sense:

To indicate that he has become a partner in God's universal government (cf. Knapp, De J. Chr. ad dextram dei sedente, in his Scripts var. arg., p. 41ff; (Stuart, Commentary on Hebrews, excurs. iv.)). That these expressions are to be understood in this figurative sense, and not of a fixed and definite place in the highest heavens (as Chr. From Fritzsche in Nov. Opuscc. acad., p. 209ff tries to prove, after the orthodox theologians of the reformed church), will be questioned by no one who carefully considers Rev. 3:21.
  • markweatherill
    markweatherill

Equality with Christ, you say? When His ministry lasted what, a few years, and those humble brothers taking the lead have been faithfully serving for decades?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Viq

Thanks for v21.

Jesus gives back the kingdom to God; nothing is said about his co-rulers who axiomatically follow suit although they throw their crowns of everlasting life at God’s feet.

I never thought in terms of partnership although the kings of Israel are described as Jesus’s companions ( nwt changed translation from partners to companions) I don’t think Jesus is a partner-in the sense of the word -with God on rulership because God is ruler and gives all authority to Jesus. That relationship would be similar to a proxy or power of attorney and not a partner. Also, a partner has a will of its own whereas Jesus is doing God’s will in ruling as the Messianic king so that is not a partnership. The Messianic kingdom by the way is everlasting, having no end (poetically). It is only because Jesus voluntarily , sua sponte gives back the kingdom to God.

Thinking in terms of a husband and wife relationship in a perfect marriage both equally care for their home and children with the same authority. They are co-rulers in their role as parents and in caring for their home. Partners sort of speak. But Thayer equivocates in describing the Messianic kingdom as a partnership. V21 is not describing a partnership. Jesus role as king of God’s kingdom is not partnership with God and neither is the Messianic kingdom rule. GOD rules through the Messianic kingdom that does God’s will.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

My impression is that they ALREADY feel that they are equal to Jesus. Why wait until they get to heaven (they are not going to heaven) when they can control his assets now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit