Chapter 19 New Boy 50 years a Watchtower Slave

by new boy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Hecce
    Hecce

New Boy and others

With regards to the experience of the young man expelled from Bethel for fighting, I felt deeply sorry for him. It was obvious that there was a code of silence with regards to the events at the Branch; even after he talked to me I was in no position to help him out. I was concerned and sympathetic, but I lacked the insight and expertise to counsel him in a proper manner.

The other problem was that due to the secrecy I couldn't share his problems with no one else. Bottom line that poor Boy was full of anger and resentment and he was going thru life with that burden. Typical example of a "closed" commune.

• under the radar
    under the radar

My parents and other family knew a Brother Kennedy from the Atlanta area. I vaguely remember an assembly public talk being filmed or broadcast back in the 60's. This Brother Kennedy had something to do with show business, and I clearly remember him pointing at various sections of the audience and circling his hands to encourage them to clap longer and louder. I guess he was trying to keep the sound balanced for the recording. I was a pre-teen or very young teen, so I don't remember many more details. I don't think I ever personally met him.

Years later, my dad told me that Brother Kennedy had been murdered while sitting in his car. Apparently, it was a robbery that went wrong. I don't know any other details, but I'm pretty sure it's the same guy.

Regardless, it's so sad when people die taking senseless chances or are killed while minding their own business, especially when they're young and had bright futures ahead of them.

It's also very sad that this mind-control cult thinks nothing of squashing any hint of individuality. It is led by hypocrites and traitors to everything they claim to believe.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

WRITE A BOOK!

Please! This would make a great book or apostle movie

• new boy
    new boy

Yes, I have a lot more to say about Gary, Jim and their famous father. A sad story that still continues down to this day.

This is going to be a book. You are getting it first here on this web site, Chapter by chapter.

That is why I'm asking for help with any extra information about the people or experiences from this time period.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Just have looked up James G. Kennedy in Panama City, FL, and obit says he died May 22, 2010 at age 87. There was a mention of the book he wrote, Something to Laugh About - i had forgotten about that. (this is Gary & Jim's father)

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Sounds like you at bethel back when a family friend was there, did you know Thomas (Tom) Miles from Philly? I remember someone else saying he was total company boy, pompous prick. Did you have the good fortune to run into him while you were there?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Thanks for the stories. I am thoroughly enjoying them.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

When I was "in" I was told not to read that book. Please keep the stories coming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit