What did you day dream about at assemblies?

by lastcall 52 Replies latest jw friends

• lastcall
    lastcall

As a kid I would try to pay attention, but I just couldn't hang in there. If I didn't day dream I was going to go insane.

I used to create scenarios in my mind that I was a JW super hero. I had a special costume that was partially made of "flubber" that would allow me to bounce all over the auditorium. I also had a night stick that shot spideman-like spider webs and I could swing from the rafters.

I would imagine that violent apostates were taking the speaker and others at gun point. I of course would do my quick change and bounce on down there to save the day, and win the hearts of all the little dub girls. Yes I was a dreamer. It was a survival mechanism.

What about you?

And don't tell me you dreamed about taking the speaker at gunpoint.

LC

• sf
    sf

Freedom.

sKally

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Well I used to look like I was taking notes to the casual observer but anyone paying attention knew I was writing and passing notes to my friends. Usually notes of a sexual nature.

My friend who lurks here had a good little dub boyfriend and I was sitting on one side of him and she on the other. I would write something suggestive, hand him the note and he would hand it to her. She would read it and gasp out loud. He was dying to know what was in those notes but it stayed a secret.

We felt so evil.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I used to daydream about actually doing some fun stuff while we were in the city... never happened. We always went out to eat and then back to the hotel. At least the hotel always had a swimming pool.

• shera
    shera

Going home.

• nilfun
    nilfun

At assemblies, one of my recurring daydreams was that I could do that Fred Astaire "dancin' on the ceiling" thing, lol.

At conventions, one favorite daydream was imagining that I was underwater. I would hold my breath for as long as I imagined it would take to make it to the surface.

also, one scary daydream for either assemblies/conventions was of the Nazi Takeover. I imagined what all of us would look like stacked like cordwood. There's nothing like injecting a good old-fashioned persecution complex in a little kid good times, good times....

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

When I was taking courses I would ignore the talks and think about exams I was about to write, going over them in my mind. This kept me awake. Many other times I just fell asleep. Of course, I was always in the front row of the assmbly hall, and I snore, so I'd often be very rudely awakened by the elbow attatched to a very irritating person next to me.

Walter

• lastcall
    lastcall

Stacey,

You were so bad!

Shera,

: Going home.

Yeah me too.

But guys, I'm looking for the more surreal stuff.

Was I the only JW super hero?

When I was at the Hall I would dream of raising my hand at the Watchtower lesson and when the mic was handed to me I would start singing :

"Volare ... whoa ohh, Volare whoa ohh oh oh."

LC

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

I often fell asleep or was mostly dayreaming of something else then what was said, it was mostly sexual thoughs I would say

Lapuce

• lastcall
    lastcall

Nilfun..that's what I'm talkin' bout

I imagined what all of us would look like stacked like cordwood.

LMAO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit