Can I get my JW report card using Freedom of Information requests? (UK)

by truthseeker 13 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Has anyone tried to get their JW report cards and any other info using a Freedom of Information request?

Would London Bethel have all this information?

Truthseeker

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Have you simply tried calling them and asking?

Its datavthey haven on you, so you can see it but it may require a request via a solicitor, or a formal request only from you.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Unless things have changed, Publishers Record Cards are kept by your congrgation, not the WT in Mill Hill, so a request would have to be made to the local Congregation, they are allowed to charge for providing the details but at a limited cost set by the Data Commissioners Office.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Correct, pub record cards are local congregation only and frankly boring and pointless. Its a mere summation of your field service time and baptism date and home address. Its a 3x5 index card of numbers. There are no notes or any other information

• Simon
    Simon

You can demand to see any information they have about you. If at some future point they claim something about you and didn't provide it at that point then you may have some stick to beat them with.

On the other hand, they are allowed to charge - it used to be 10 GBP in the UK. Do you want to give them money for nothing?

• Splash
    Splash

This new law comes into effect from May 2018 which may help you.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when i cleared my fathers house out i found a large cardboard box of paperwork--all sorts--of stuff from his congregation. that--and 50 years worth of magazines and books all went to the tip.

• UnshackleTheChains
  • truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thank you for your comments. I am disassociated and therefore uncomfortable with calling.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Splash, that info is interesting, thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit