Reg Pioneers went down around 50,000 ?

by Wakanda 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Yesterday's wt study (June 17) said:

Records show that in the last five years, the average number of regular pioneers has grown to over 1,100,000 and more than a quarter of a million worldwide have been added to the ranks of full-time preachers.

Well, in 2013 they had an average of 950,022 pioneers, and in 2017 they had 1,249,946. Looks like they lost some!

Also, the quarter million was a lot of turnover, which... wait for it... any thinking person would know!

I still think they lie about their numbers, but I think they may have to stick to their current exaggeration percentages and lower the reported numbers.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So even with all those "bethelites" being "sent back to the field", the number of full time pioneers still decreased??

Interesting!

• cha ching
    cha ching

I keep wondering if WT has ever told the truth about how many of anything it has, right?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

cha ching
    I keep wondering if WT has ever told the truth about how many of anything it has, right?

When an organization can 'spin' the scriptures to make them say what 'they' want them to say, it's even easier for them to spin the numbers to mislead the sheeple!

1,100,000 "full time" pioneers is about 13% of all jw's worldwide. There are 140 in my wife's congo and 15 pioneers. I don't see 13% pioneers in any of the congregations I know of. How about you?

just saying!

• Gayle
    Gayle

?? So if last year according to Yearly Report there were 1,249,946 (regular?) pioneers and 'now' they claim "the average number of regular pioneers has 'grown to' over 1,100,000." This would be a 'decrease' since last year of 149,946 or about 12%! I am not understanding!

• Wakanda
    Wakanda
    1,100,000 "full time" pioneers is about 13% of all jw's worldwide. There are 140 in my wife's congo and 15 pioneers. I don't see 13% pioneers in any of the congregations I know of. How about you?

Right! I was thinking about that too. 1.1 out of 8.whatever million. It seems more like 6.whatever million anyway!

?? So if last year according to Yearly Report there were 1,249,946 (regular?) pioneers and 'now' they claim "the average number of regular pioneers has 'grown to' over 1,100,000." This would be a 'decrease' since last year of 149,946 or about 12%! I am not understanding!

Apostate cognitive dissonance? ;) Well, I was being generous just in case wt's number was 1,199,999, and someone got picky with me. They said over 1,100,000 so they did not give the real wt number.

I wonder if we will see other 'growth' in baptisms or such. I think they are prepping their minds for the next statistics that replace the yearbook.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

They have even had to fudge the hour requirements over the years to get their increases.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STUCKINARUT2:

How could those bethelites who were sent packing back to their congregations be able to pioneer?? I would imagine they are trying to make a living somehow.

Even if they’re getting a stipend (if the religion still offers that), it would never be enough. Even if the “brothers” give them a handout once in a while that’s not going to do it either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit