no pictures of Kingdom Hall remodels???

by Lynnie 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

I'm following an old friend on Instagram who's an uber elder and he does lots of work on KH's and has gone to Warwick on his own dime to help with the construction. On his instagram post he says " I can't post pictures of the KH remodel but I can post pics of Jack Daniels that I had afterwards" or some such. Why aren't they allowed to take pics of remodels? This is the first I've heard of this latest policy. Anyone else know anything about this?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I'd say this is standard directive now for all official WT stuff and probably applies to personal stuff aswell that shows WT activity. The borg's getting paranoid and probably for good reason apostates and woke people are everywhere and sharing info.This would be one of WT's biggest concerns right now.

Plus, it feeds the org's gigantic ego to keep secrets and create the illusion that they're actually relevant.

• Listener
    Listener

My guess is that they don't want those in the know or in relevant businesses estimating the real cost of a remodel rather than the watchtowers overinflated costings.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Why aren't they allowed to take pics of remodels?

I'd be asking why is he ok with posting pictures of him drinking Jack Daniels.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yet another example that proves this is a cult. INFORMATION CONTROL.

The GB / Society wants to control what pics are posted and from whom...

It fits the BITE model:

Behaviour control

Information control

Thought control

Emotion control

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Why aren't they allowed to take pics of remodels?

Why don't you ask him rather than speculating?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Why don't you ask him rather than speculating?

That seems like the most logical thing to me ?....?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's okay....I found a picture of it....

Image result for demolished

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I did a tour of their printing works and no photos were allowed. Not even a keepsake of a rejected/faulty printed sheet of any future literature either. It all had to go in the bin.

• dozy
    dozy

It will be direction from the Society - just gives a stupid faux pretend importance to the whole activity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit