Dirt floors in Africa, Ultra modern Towers in Indonesia

by RULES & REGULATIONS 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Doesn’t that show the economic inequality and injustice of the world rather than the WTS?

I get that they are not slow to splash the cash on modern buildings in the Westernised world but they could hardly put a air conditioned building in rural Africa, without the infrastructure to support it

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It's all explainable. The heart of the church is image and growth not quality of life. Again, they are not alone many churches do the same. But would you expect the "true" church to behave like others?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

This was one of the things that woke me up. I remember around the time of a remodel of a local KH ,I was traveling abroad in a developing country. I remember seeing this KH, that in my opinion was in very poor condition. I thought, how come there was money for an unnecessary renovation in my local area, yet this one couldn’t even afford a pot of paint. I now know the reason why? Resale value.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

My thought exactly, wannaexit. Years and years of bad planning and irresponsible spending, and suddenly they are concerned that they are overextended and put out their hand to the same people they have been stripping bare for decades.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Here is Samuel Herd at the 2015 Annual Meetings talking about, ''making use of dedicated funds'' by announcing cutbacks, reductions and cancelled projects.''

https://youtu.be/8jhvnKsCqzo

If the Watchtower Society were cutting back in 2015 ( getting rid of old timers, dead weight, health insurance costs), why are they going ahead with their Ramapo Project?

Accommodations for resident staff include 645 residential units (545 one-bedroom and 100 studio units), dining/assembly spaces, recreation/wellness/fitness facilities, and a clinic.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RULES & REGULATIONS:

Yes, they got rid of ‘old timers’ and are probably not done cutting corners, etc. I am sure many are asking that same question about this expensive new project. I wonder if it will be used for a purpose other than what was said?

I don’t think they truly believe the ‘End’ is right around the corner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit