Victorian couple who tested positive for Covid and travelled to QLD during lockdown are JWs?

by Ruby 1976 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Ruby 1976
    Ruby 1976

Has anyone heard this? Ive been told multiple ex JWs have confirmed it but no one seems to kow their names so Im still skeptical.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yes, the Sunshine Coast elders are abuzz about the incident and the couple from Melbourne (Melton area) had lunch with a witness that I knew some years ago.

I'm sure the word will become official in due course. I was contacted by a witness I know in Caloundra about the incident.

jtg

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Oh, the horror! Official WT policy y is to stay home under your bed.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Be interesting to see if the media mentions the religion.

• jhine
    jhine

Victorian ? Is the Watchtower into time travel now ?

Jan

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Jan, Victoria, Australia - The Down Under of Down Under.

RB

• jhine
    jhine

Thanks Bandicoot . I was thinking " that's a good trick " 😂

Jan

• zachias
    zachias

Have not seen anything on the news of this...?

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

@ zachias

Victorian couple who tested positive to COVID fined $4k each over alleged border breaches

By state political reporter Rachel Riga

Posted 4ddays ago, updated 4ddays ago
    Steve Gollschewski looks stern in police uniform.
    Police fined the pair $4,003 each for allegedly lying on their COVID border passes before testing positive.(

ABC News: Tim Swanston

)Share

Queensland police have fined a Melbourne couple who tested positive to COVID-19 on the Sunshine Coast more than $4,000 each for allegedly lying on their border declaration passes.

The couple allegedly travelled to Queensland via Goondiwindi on June 5 after having been in Victoria.

Key points:

• The Victorian couple allegedly lied on their border passes to enter Queensland while Melbourne was in lockdown
    • The Sydney local government area of Waverly has been declared a COVID hotspot
    • Healthworkers say changes to vaccine recommendations are "unsettling"

The pair entered the state when the Victorian capital was in lockdown.

Police allege the pair deliberately provided false information to obtain a Queensland border declaration pass.

Authorities were later alerted to the pair after the woman, 44, tested positive to coronavirus on June 9, sparking a major contact tracing effort across south-east Queensland.

The man, 48, also tested positive the following day.

The pair were interviewed by police after being released from hospital, where they were undergoing treatment for COVID-19.

They were each issued with a $4,003 fine for failing to comply with a COVID-19 border direction.

abc news online

jtg

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Excellent!

RB

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit