My dad died too

by Brummie 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thanks all for the kind words and support, thanks also for your thoughts and PMs, I will get around to answering you, I'm just not internet friendly at the moment.

My dad was on Christmas Island when they dropped the atom bombs and experimented on the soldiers without them knowing. He suffered blood disorders and other things due to the atoms but his lungs where mostly damaged through being a foundry worker and "smoking", when he was younger smoking was encouraged and no one was warned of the dangers. He never got anything for being unknowingly used in a nuclear experiment, he was with the RAF. It was all swept under the carpet. He was a good man and didnt deserve it.

Thinking of all of you who have lost a parent, for those who worry for their parents I can only say that we do get a lot of extra strength given us to cope with the loss, I dont know where it comes from but its there when we most need it.

The funeral customs are strange and cruel, I dont understand how people expect someone to go and veiw the dead body of a parent? I know this is a healing thing for some but I couldnt do it. I also think its cruel to expect a family to stand at the side of a grave while their parent is lowered into it, we did this but I still think it should be done differently. Geeesh I always find something to complain about en it? :)

I'll be back

(((( ))))

Brummie

• Robdar
    Robdar

(((((Brummie))))))

My dear friend, I am so sad to hear of your loss. You are in my thoughts.

Much Love to you and the family,

Robyn

• Jennie
    Jennie

(((((((((((((Brummie)))))))))))) Oh! I'm sooo sorry! I sympathze you! I also know how you feel because, my grandpa commited suicide 9 months ago. ( Remember? That story? The first time I posted? The story named: "Why I hate death/ suicide?!") Anyway, I know how you feel!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Let this then be Jennie's last post.

She has always felt very close to Brummie, and it meant a lot to her especially after her grandfather's death to tell Brummie how she felt.

Peace to all.

Chris

• lovinlife
    lovinlife

{{{{Brummie}}}} I am sooo sorry for your loss.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thanks all again, its really appreciated.

((((((Jennie)))))) I do remember and have thought about you and your family a lot since then, life is sometimes very sad but we all encourage each other in our hard times just like you have encouraged me (((hugs to you)))

Nice to see you back even if only for this post.

Take care

Thanks all

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit