Anyone Else?

by Viper76Man 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Hi Viper. I'm live in Michigan too! Western side of the state.

I have to agree that the line is drawn when you are baptized. I, too, was raised in the truth, but was never pressured to get baptized until I started studying with a pioneer when I was 18. I don't even think I was a "real" JW for a year before I was DF'd. My family has shunned me for almost 20 years now. My mom asked me several years ago why I got baptized in the first place. She said that if I had not made that decision, she would not have to shun me. That we could have a normal mother/daughter relationship. I always thought those comments interesting.

GH

• Viper76Man
    Viper76Man

For those who asked... western side of Michigan.

Thanks for all your comments!

Another issue I often wrestle with is if I should ever share my findings with other witness family members. I have wieghed out the pro's and con's countless times and am interested to see what others have done and what the outcome was.

In one case my mother "seems" very happy and even if I disagree with what may be very wrong, why should I even attempt to take that happiness away from her.... of course then on the other side what if she could be even happier? etc. etc. etc. I am sure others have hade this same conflict

Viper

• Special K
    Special K

Welcome Viper76Man..

Nice to read a newcomers thoughts and questions on things.

Hmmm. I was one of those who didn't have all the planets aligned just right, and I have no luck from the Irish...(thanks Cruzenhart) .. Now I have a reason for it all. haha.

Different strokes for different folkes I guess.

sincerely

special k

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit