Governing Body Anthony Morris gives talk at convention. Child refuses blood dies

by Watchtower-Free 26 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

This would never happen in the UK. Judges overrule parents wishes on blood without hesitation.

yep--and i'm sure most jw parents here in the UK rely on that.

• cofty
    cofty
    i'm sure most jw parents here in the UK rely on that

As an elder I had personal experience of that in the days before HLC. The parents were relieved, the elders were quietly content, Mill Hill had absolutely no interest. Win-win.

• Saename
    Saename

This would never happen in the UK. Judges overrule parents wishes on blood without hesitation.

If I'm not mistaken, it was not the parents who refused but the child himself. I think it was solely him who refused the blood transfusion. It is true, however, that it would be the parents who indoctrinated the boy.

Did anyone notice that Tony Harris called the doctors' attempts to persuade the boy to take the transfusion "persecution"? This is ridiculous. How that can be considered even close to "persecution" I have no idea. Last time I checked, "persecution" means to "treat someone cruelly or unfairly especially because of race or religious or political beliefs," or to "constantly annoy or bother someone." This is the definitions that Merriam-Webster Dictionary gives. I don't see how medical advice can be called a cruel or unfair treatment of a person, or an attempt to annoy or bother a person.

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster

I could be mistaken but I believe the boy was from the UK. A quick google came up with a Josh McAuley, from the West Midlands. He was 15 and the article says he told doctors he didn't want blood. It was 2010 though, so perhaps the system was changed there, to avoid this horror in future.

Of course this talk could have been about another Josh. Hopefully not.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

"Good example in the face of incredible stress and persecution."

- Anthony Morris

Really? Giving sound medical advice in order to save a persons life is "persecution" now? If a God values the "sanctity of blood" over the sanctity of human life what can we really say about that God? Is that someone we should be worshiping? Is that someone we should aspire to please?

Or is that the kind of person we would want NOTHING TO DO WITH?

• cofty
    cofty

If a child is around 15 then a British judge would take their wishes into account.

They need to realise the level of indoctrination that children are subject to and that they don't have access to all the facts.

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster

I wish the legal system would see that it's not really a choice, especially for young ones. It's coercion. You refuse blood because of the consequences you will suffer. Not by the sky fairy but your own family and community. That's huge for anyone, let alone a kid.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I can't watch it. Mr Morris and his cronies have a lot of blood on their hands.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes giving blood is an assault, but a pedophile assaulting a child....

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

I believe in the USA kids are protected under laws that will take custody away from parents to give them life saving treatment, including blood....

Of course Morris had to throw the propaganda stuff in there that "he wanted to get better to go to the KH, mtgs & service" just sickening encouraging child sacrifice out in the open... i would turn to the person next to me & just say, "that's wrong, do you worship the God of the dead or the God of the living"!!! & show the person Luke 20:38!! Pretty sure it will cause some cognitive dissonance!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit