Come on, Mainstream Media!

by Wild_Thing 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Another way I thought it draw attention is in the political realm. Politicians love to hang their hat on the right cause. Personally, I think there should be mandatory reporting in EVERY state, and the clergy should not be exempt from reporting any abuse involving children. This is an issue that I think even members of mainstream religion could hang their hat on. I think there could be a case made that not reporting abuse could violate a child's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, so no one should be exempt from it.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Other equally sized or smaller religious groups like Scientology and the LDS get much more negative press.

What I do wonder if there are a just a handful of JWs who work in various news organization...say NBC or CNN...and they can subtly nudge unfavorable stories to the bottom of the pile.

• sir82
  • steve2
    steve2

I disagree that other small groups have received wider media attention than JWs. The attention Scientologist hsvebteceived has been predominantly due to some members who are well-known individuals. The recent documentary did not gain widespread attention. Mormons have received relatively little attention - esp for their response to child-Sex allegations.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://en.brinkwire.com/85463/secret-documents-reveal-sex-abuse-scandal-in-jehovahs-witnesses-church/

Brinkwire is a news hub for blogs, online communities, content affiliates, publishers and members of the connected internet who are interested in commercial news.

Brinkwire charges PR agencies, marketing agencies and in-house communication teams to upload their news to our hub. Once the press release is live we reward the ones the community found the most interested by showing them more often throughout the site.

Brinkwire is also an online entertainment and culture magazine. Established in 2015, the magazine is currently based in UK, and covers music, film, television, sports and culture, technology and science. Our writers are based in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit