Favourite Christmas presents!

by nicolaou 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

My son bought me a 64GB micro SD card for my phone! "What kind of geeky Xmas pressie is that Nic?!" I hear you cry. Exactly what I hinted him for I reply.

I've been downloading from Spotify all morning and have only used up 3% of my phone's cavernous new storage.

That and my shiny new DR MARTENS BOOTS are my favourite presents. And yes, for the first time we did the whole wrapped presents under a Xmas tree with mulled wine and everything - and the turkey is smelling awesome too.

I totally get that so many of you can't do this yet, please don't think I'm crowing or feeling smug. It took me fifteen years from my last fs report to my first Xmas tree - I'm willing to bet it won't take you or the next generation of faders anywhere near as long.

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!

• Simon
    Simon

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

I remember having a PC with a 20Mb hard drive, no floppies required. How would I ever fill that infinite space? Enjoy your infinite 64Gb storage although I think we're getting to the stage where improvements are reducing - no point having photos higher res that you can see or songs at better quality than you can hear so storage probably won't need to go up like it has in the past.

I got an aquaponics fish tank and Betta / Siamese Fighting Fish. He's sat on my desk, watching me, waiting for his grass to grow.

http://backtotheroots.com/products/watergarden

We still do the xmas presents under the tree because even though the kids are grown and won't admit it, they love it and would be disappointed if we didn't. We even wrap up presents for the dog and she sits staring at them until it's time to open things then it's paper shredding time!!

Looking forward to xmas dinner - hold the meat, that just takes up valuable space that could be filled with Yorkshire Puddings, Sprouts, Roast Potatoes and Carrots + Swede. Mmnnnnn.

Ah xmas, thank you fake baby Jebus !!

• TD
    TD

My daughter bought me a Corsair M65 Vengeance mouse (8200dpi)

It's intended for gaming, but I use it for design software.

It's heaven!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    The Explorers Guild Volume one
  • Angharad
    Angharad

Happy Christmas Nic!

I got a gaint price of fabric for a stitching project I'm working on along with a lamp for helping with stitching. I also got slippers and some painting materials from the kids ☺

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Last week my daughter took me to see Peter Noone (of Herman's Hermits fame, from the 60's British Invasion). He was my favorite. I felt like I was a teenager again! She is 29 and loves the music from my generation! He still looks and sounds great!!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I got a new Ryobi drill/driver and a new Jigsaw. My old ones were worn out, so I'm pretty excited about that. Some clothes and jewelry too, but I'm more excited about my tools, lol.
  • talesin
    talesin

An anthology of short stories from Newfoundland. : )

LisaRose, my kind of gurl! I have a Dremel, and love my power tools (had to sell my band saw this year *sigh*)

and oh, SAH, yes! That is a great prezzie "Woke up this mornin', feelin' fine ..." yeah!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Yeah, one year I got a Dremel tool for the calluses on my feet from my husband.

Oh, yes he did!

Of course they make these pink pedicure foot smoothers which basically do the same thing without the possibility of sanding your skin off, but, no, Mr. Fixit was going for maximum versatility.

Funny that it now lives in the toolshed...

• talesin
    talesin
    GT - lol, those "Ped Egg" things ......... well, I bought one at the local store - it's just a file in a fancy plastic case. No, the dremel is not good, but a simple file that costs about $2 will do the trick!

And ...... Oh, no, he didn't! At least the thought was for you...... : )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit