"The cause of the terrorist attack ..."

by Simon 17 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

"... is terrorism"

So says Tony Blair.

Sheesh ... thanks for explaining that Tony! Maybe Mr Bush has passed on the torch and next year we'll be able to buy books of "Blairisms" instead of "Bushisms" ?

It couldn't possible have been the UK government not doing enough to protect their diplomats despite warnings and requests for more security. He should well be embarrassed.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Does Mr. Blair know who is buried in Grant's Tomb?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

You might be surprised to find out how many don't know just who is buried in Grant's Tomb.

• wasasister
    wasasister
    I think it's getting a bit much.

Please remember that while we dont mind some discussion of current affairs, we are not intending to be a political discussion forum.

I'm getting especially tired seeing some people making insulting and dismissive remarks and just posting dogma and propaganda. Worse still, it seems some people are *only* interested in posting on political threads and nothing else. Let me make it clear - that is not why we're here and if that is the only reason that you are here you will find the number of posts you have will be limited.

This of course goes for both sides.

Ummm......

• wednesday
    wednesday

Ummmmmmm........

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Would that be Karrie Grant? Land Grant? Student Grant?

<smirkle>

CG

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Just in, looks like Mr. Bush's and Mr.Blair's clamp down on the terrorists isn't working too well:

Explosions Shake Iraq's Oil Ministry

20 minutes ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Explosions shook Iraq ( news - web sites)'s oil ministry on Friday morning, witnesses said, and thick black smoke poured from the heavily guarded compound.

Fire trucks moved about the ministry and U.S. soldiers kept journalists away.

Imad Ahmed, a retired civil servant who lives near the ministry, said he heard five explosions at about 7:30 a.m.

The attack occurred minutes after at least three rockets were fired into the Palestine and Sheraton hotels in downtown Baghdad where many U.S. workers and foreign journalists are staying.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031121/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq&cid=540&ncid=716

• morty
    morty

when will terrorism stop?

• Angharad
    Angharad
    Ummm......

Please remember that while we dont mind some discussion of current affairs

In case you havent heard, the UK was a victim of terrorism yesterday when the British consulate and a UK bank were blown up in Turkey. This quote from Tony Blair was in response to that.

What is your point ???

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Were there many lives lost in the terrorist attack?

I didn't notice your husband discussing current events as much as expressing his unhappiness with Blair and Bush. Many of us probably didn't make the connection. So for those of us who weren't tuned into the TV over the past day (guilty) I'm sure we had no idea where that came from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit