2019 International Convention Growth Figures from Baptism

by HiddenPimo 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

halfbanana, interesting prediction (see below, I still can't use the quote box properly)

It is even more discouraging when there are no baptism candidates for that CA. I have seen some brothers poach a baptismal candidate from the other side of the circuit rather than have no candidate.

"I predict they will stop having baptisms at circuit assemblies because it is discouraging to have so few candidates."

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Brother announces from the platform at District Convention 1975, "There were 1,344 baptized today. Proof that the end is very near!"

Brother announces from the platform at Regional Convention 2019, "There were 230 baptized today. Surely the number of sheep-like ones is nearly complete. The end is very near!"

(Barf bags are in the seat pocket in front of you)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I still can't use the quote box properly)

blondie ,move the mouse arrow to what you want to quote ,left click and highlite it,then right click which should then bring up copy and click on that move the mouse to where you want to go right click again then and click on paste ,and there you have it .

I hope that helps ,it took me a while to get it right also.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Half banana: I predict they will stop having baptisms at circuit assemblies because it is discouraging to have so few candidates............

I agree...having few to zero baptismal candidates sitting in front of the brother giving the talk while all the other dozens of seats reserved for those getting baptized are left empty is like having a large pink elephant in the room. It can be very noticeable, embarrassing and discouraging for all in attendance.

Having soo few baptismal candidates is futher proof and indisputable of how very unproductive JWs are in their door to door ministry as well as at their carts and table witnessing.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If I remember correctly they would have the baptism talk even though there were no candidates available .

How crazy was that

• sir82
    sir82

In addition to SBF's points, remember there are 3 opportunities per year to get baptized - 2 circuit assemblies in addition to the RC.

It's not really possible to extrapolate growth from a couple of RC baptism totals.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    All except one were school age teens. Of the 13 only 4 were males.

Well it's evidence of the trend in JW membership. Most new member are really the kids of existing JWs, who are pressured -- even if implicitly -- to formally join the cult.

And then the fact that women are more compelled by the emotional attachment to the religion and the social aspect of it, than the men who are perhaps more partial to cold hard facts.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    while all the other dozens of seats reserved for those getting baptized are left empty

Why does this happen though? It's not like the number is not known. Why don't the congregations simply report the number of candidates and the organizer assigns the right number of chairs? So silly.

Also, because this process is still lose, how long before someone decides to prank them by sitting in one of those seats and carrying that on all of the way to jumping in the pool? You know that is coming.

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

I think the bottom line is that the baptism amounts are far less than in times past and that is just actual numbers. The percentages are even lower compared to the total JW active publisher count.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Most of that 'growth' is just born ins and new born...precious few new ones from the' evil world 'outside choosing to join..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit