Watchtower online religion.

by asp59 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• asp59
    asp59

Should we refer watchtower as to a online religion now? I mean we could discuss if they ever return to kingdom hall's in the future. If most of them haven't been sold. After two years with zoom meetings, i can only see this as a on-line religion now.

• carla
    carla

Only if it has as negative connotation as 'televangelist' does in the minds of jw's, in my opinion. Oddly my jw still says the word 'televangelist' with such disdain it is palpable even though that is basically what the jw's have become!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

There is still a local arrangement. If halls sell it will break that down. The more they produce videos will work to it.

They will still need the local enforcers if the new studio thing gets built.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sooner or later they will start to sell KH`s there is no rush .They made Millions of dollars $$$$$$ when the sold properties in Brooklyn NY ,and if every JW only donated one Dollar a week now they would have over 8 Million dollar $$$$$$ net every week .

That`s the reality ,there is no hurry.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The dubs want to go back to meetings… I hear rumours that it will happen here (UK) soon and then I hear denials by others. Whatever, I do believe that it is under constant review but no decision yet ..

It will happen though, and a return to “the Ministry “

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Here (USA, midwest- mountain) I have heard no one want to go back. Not pioneers or other bona fide ones.

• Mum
    Mum

I cannot imagine their being able to control the "publishers" without in-person contact. They are already losing control. Yet, kingdom halls are being sold every day, so I'm confused. Do they want to maintain control and micro manage their people or not?

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

On zoom here, two weeks ago it was announced in two sentences that the local KH has been sold and no publisher should go onto the property, it will be considered trespassing. Wow, like they sold it to one of their enemies. Just matter of fact announcement, no questions.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe they will go to an on-line religion with their own TV station,it can be profitable for them if they do it right .

Look at Jimmy Swaggert Ministeries and his fanily business , or Joyce Meyer Ministeries just to name a couple .

They are two very successful TV Evangelistic shows that still flourish today in many country's .

• inbetween
    inbetween

If they ever really considered it, the pandemic would be a welcome boost for it.

However, even most JW I talked to, wish to stay at least partly on zoom, some really miss the personal contact (mostly either the weird ones or the single ones) .

However, the WT cares nothing what JW rank and file really want.

I believe its their absolute love for control that will prevent the WT from going totally online.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit