Articles of Incorporation Changes

by Seven 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

jst2laws... the sample I gave was just that, a generic sample. As per the section I quoted above from the IRS guidelines, naming a specific corporation to be beneficiary in case of dissolution is not uncommon either.

However, one thing to watch out for is assignees and successors in interest. Unfortunately, I don't know the law in that regard, but I believe that in some cases, if a corporation is absorbed by another, the successor corporation might be liable for the actions of the original corp.

And no, I don't think there have ever been any suits naming the GB directly as defendants. But I think that their direct mention in the Articles of Incorporation could perhaps actually provide the legal ammunition needed to name them, if it became necessary.

• JWitnessofJehovah
    JWitnessofJehovah

The WT is preparing for The Great Tribulation. When the government starts using 501 (c) (3) to force all false religion into submission we will be protected legally. However, our faith is not in man made laws but in Jehovah Himself and His appointed King Jesus. As we are seeing throughout America and the world the Churches of Christendom are being infiltrated by government agencies and are being used to spread government propaganda by using a fake interpretation of Romans chapter 13. By separating our Kingdom Halls from the legal entity of The Watchtower Society we avoid becoming puppets of the state with threats to take away our tax exemption, as was done in France. We will be protected by Jehovah God when the tribulation starts. We will be the last religion standing! As Jesus said; "Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last."

Yes! The first in Christendom and the worlds eyes will be the last on God's day of Judgment. Those that first in the world will be destroyed and anyone that supports them WILL NOT be recognized by Jesus as his servants! Those that are last, or most scorned of all Christians, Jehovah's Witnesses, will be first in Jesus eyes and will be saved. Get out of Babylon the Great before it's too late! Revelation 18:4. The Great Tribulation is fast approaching, now is the time to join us on Jehovah's side. For everyone that calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved. Joel 2:31,32 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of Jehovah cometh. 32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of Jehovah shall be delivered; for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those that escape, as Jehovah hath said, and among the remnant those whom Jehovah doth call." American Standard Version.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    ^^^^^Wrong^^^^^
  • Watchtower-Free
  • cofty
    cofty

Hello JWitnessofJehovah - Welcome to the forum.

Please stop worrying, there is not going to be any "great trib" or armageddon. Nobody is going to attack religion.

However your religion will continue to find itself under increased pressure for neglecting the welfare of its children.

Don't confuse this with persecution.

• Listener
    Listener
    Jwitnessofj, both the kingdom Halls and the Watchtower corporation are puppets of the Government because they chose to avoid taxes by establishing itself as a non profit religious charity. These are highly regulated by the Government in order to keep them under their control.
  • Alive!
    Alive!

So....the survival of faith as per JWs is dependant on ownership of property and legal status. OK. I get it.

You've just made me smile - thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit