Aren`t These Two Scriptures At Odds With Each Other ?

by smiddy3 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Romans 13 ,1-7 contrast with 2 Cor.4 : 3-6 ,on the one hand the faithful are to be obedient to the superior authorities ,worldly government ,law enforcement ,etc, as its Gods arrangement and to go against it is to go against God ?

Then 2 Cor .4 : 3-6 states that the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one Satan the Devil and if you are obedient to that you are supporting Satan`s system of things and going against Gods arrangement ?

What sort of mental gymnastics do you need to acquire to accept both of these scriptures and keep your sanity ?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Always wondered about that. My take is that either one was inserted sometime in the third century or so?

There's so many like that.

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

The bible is full of contradictions. Something one would expect from a book or books written by humans but not by god.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

"Mental gymnastics" is probably the best descriptive phrase ever for such things or all things Biblical.

The only real Jesus based idea is "Give back Caesar's things to Caesar and God's things to God." everything else is totally man made.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

One cannot be a christian without practicing Mental Gymnastics

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    Huh atheists, I see No problem. Romans 13 deals with public Law and order, 2 Corinthians 4 the gospel. The issue here may be that JWs taught you have to be disobedient to the government on certain issues as part of you "Christian" JW duty 😁😁😁
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy3 - "What sort of mental gymnastics do you need to acquire to accept both of these scriptures and keep your sanity?"

The same kind that involves knowing something is wrong...

...but believing it's "true"...

...at the same time.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The bible is full of delusional mythology which can seem contravening at times.

JoenB75 pointed out the interpretation of the JWS, which is contravening in itself.

Jesus said that he was not part of the this world but he didn't say that his true followers were not to be involved in governments or politics.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Well how can we reign as kings spiritually (Revelation 20:4, 6) if we do not involve ourselves in world affairs? Two kingdoms continually exist until that final day of the final part of that very final day when sin is all subjected

• waton
    waton

gymnastics are good for you ; -trouble is wt does not allow ir.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit