Remember when we were JWs and all loved to hear demon stories? And then there was always that paranoid person that would shut us up "in case they're listening"? And the resident crazy every congregation seems to have that claims to have been possessed at some point?
I'm an atheist but seeing as I keep being told by evangelicals and even some former JWs that demons do indeed exist I decided to get a final answer on this and to try... and I mean really try to see if demons/jinns/spirits whatever you want to call them exist.
What I've done over the past three months should have made my home a cesspit of demonic activity. At least by JW or evangelical standard.
Here’s some of the things I’ve done:
- Burned a bible.
- Made a Ouija board and used it - nothing.
- Burned the Ouija board - nothing.
- Bought tarot cards and used them - nothing.
- Spent the night in a so-called “haunted” house - nothing.
- Hired a witch to curse my home - I lost my WiFi signal for the day but then Virgin Media informed me it was them drilling through a cable outside and I actually got £40 compensation.
- Got the witch to burn a bible.
- Got the witch to do tarot in my house while invoking any spirits at all.
- Drew a huge inverted pentacle on the floor in the spare room, lit candles between each triangle and openly summoned Satan - nothing.
- Read the Satanic bible and openly called out the names of the different names of “the devil”.
- Regularly blasphemed god (I called him some pretty terrible things).
- I collect Hindu idols.
- I used a statue of Jesus to shovel dog shit from my back yard.
- I used pages of the bible to smoke my joints.
So far nothing has happened. I really think I've given it a good go. But I've had nothing. So that's that.
Have a great day!