Does anyone have a WT/AWAKE cover pertaining to the Occult?

by DebraDoll 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DebraDoll
    DebraDoll

Please help! I have a HUGE Power-Point presentation due by Friday, and need some depiction from the wtbts concerning the "dangers" of the occult or spiritism. It deals with the tremendous variations of our world and how "evil" is defined and relative to each individual (ex; the I-Ching is vital to Confucianism, but feared by JW's, the Crusades sought to "save" everyone by forcing conversion to Catholicism, but tortured and blinded non believers with agonizing hot iron rods, etc.....)

• Sassy
    Sassy

I am sure I have something. Don't ask me why but I couldn't bring myself to throw out any magazines or books when I left. I have boxes of magazines for the past several years in my storage unit. I seem to remember there was one on the accult/oiji boards, etc.. If no one else has anything handy, I can go down and take a look.

• avishai
    avishai

Just cut up an old "live forever book!"

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Out of that pile of "meat in due season" that I've accumulated over the years, I could only find two that were even remotely barking up the right tree:

alt

alt

Unfortunately the second one has a lot of pioneer scribble on it...

• Sassy
    Sassy

In my mind I am remembering one in the last year or so.

• Faraon
    Faraon

DebraDoll,

alt

Yes, but then I joined the Watchtower cult and ceased to have a life!

• Enishi
    Enishi

I don't have it on hand, but I seem to remember the cover of an awake from awhile back showing some sort of dark occult alter. Still, you can probably find dozens of articles on the WT CD condemning anything relating to the paranormal or esoteric as being "spiritism". Even as a loyal dub I hated reading their opinions on things like yoga.

• Sassy
    Sassy

well I dug through three boxes and couldnt find the one I have in my memory banks. There was one more box in storage but I just couldn't reach it. Sorry, I don't seem to be much help here.

• Been there
    Been there

If I'm not mistaken (wouldn't be the first time) I saw on here once a picture of all the spirit things they were afraid of. It struck me as strange that they would put a oueji (sp) board on a picture they would carry around.

• DebraDoll
    DebraDoll

Guess I will have to ask the family members still zoned-yikes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit