Crisis of Conscience availabitity

by Frantic 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Frantic
    Frantic

Yes a newbie! Probably been asked one to many times, nonetheless, whats the Crisis of Conscience availibility?
    Can most of u borrow it from the public library? Or.....is it available for retail sale? Cant find it in book shops (well a breif skim).
    Can someone please state the author of the book...this would be greatly appreciated. Im going to recommend it to all my JW friends muahahaha!!!! Well, after Ive read it ofcourse!

Thanking you in advance,
    Frantically Insane Andy.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

You can order through Free Minds at:

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/books.htm

and if you mention Simon's site you get book plus priority postage (2-3 days) in US all for $19.

Randy Watters

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Sometimes it is available in your local library - but sometimes zealous dubs will sweep the library and destroy the copy. Freaky, but what do you expect.

You can order it on Amazon or from Commentary Press.

CZAR

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Our public library had it 2 years ago, and it is gone now. The librarian told met that many religious books just disappear of the shelves. Some Christian bookstores carry it, or can order it for you, if you aren't comfortable ordering off the internet.

• Frantic
    Frantic

such quick replies. Thankyou. I wouldnt be surprised if JW elders destroyed the local copy, conniving bastards.
    Ill check the library later on. Anyway, what did you guys think of the book? Did it help u?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Did it help me? Did it help me?

Um... it saved my life. Don't know if that helped anybody.

Let me see - it helped me put this religion in perspective, a perspective that you can't get from society's dogmatic assertions and historical rewriting.

It revealed the ridiculous situations that detail the hypocrisy and overall HUMAN nature of the organization.

It answered questions about the whole oral sex thing - which if you've ever gone through the bound volumes seeking answers you'll get three different ones from different points in time. That's just one example of how different doctrines developed that Ray Franz goes through.

It debunks the claim of divine guidance.

So I'm free for the first time.

CZAR

• 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

Excellent book. As far as helping, it simply reinforced what I already knew. I knew all the main players in Gadsden, Alabama, where Ray Franz (the author) was disfellowshipped. You wouldn't believe the many false stories that were circulated among the Witnesses back then about the Gregersons and Ray. But they had to cover their butts somehow.

If you are not familiar with the inner workings at "headquarters", it will be a very enlightening read.

Best regards,

Brandon

• Frantic
    Frantic

Powerful reply CZAR! It saved, SAVED your life.....say no more....Cant wait to read it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    Andy

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The author is Raymond Franz

I ordered it through a bookstore and it cost me around $30 Canadian. I'm still reading it, and enjoying it very much.

• Frantic
    Frantic

Thanks Nosferatu,

It looks like Im going to order it through a bookstore if I cant find it at the library. I just dont trust the Internet. Besides, I have no credit card - the greatest evil of all.
    Frantically Insane Andy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit