How many people did you personally bring into the truth?

by yxl1 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• yxl1
    yxl1

Are they still witnesses? Do you feel personally responsible? Have you made any attempt to correct their/your mistake?

I was asked this last night. Fortunately, I didnt bring any in, but I sure would feel guilty now if I did.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

In the two years I pioneered and countless other years as a publisher, ZERO

Any bible studies I had were refered to me by another pioneer or publisher. And after several years of studying if the person didn't go to meetings or make a commitment I dropped them, I just couldn't keep counting time on a fruitless individual

• blondie
    blondie

A few, they left before me, smart people. I still see them. None of them hold it against me.

I stopped any "meaningful" field service 8 years before I left because I couldn't encourage anyone to be part of a loveless group. I spent my time with my last student showing them why it wasn't "the truth."

Blondie

• mouthy
    mouthy

10.... 1 died JWs.... 5 left the rest still is in...Guilty!!!!!????? Yes & I feel it....

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

2 ... one is leaving with me, the other doesn't know yet.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Not a single one nor would I have been allowed to since I never got baptised. My dad broght in one who prompty got pissed and DFed about a year after he was baptised. He comes over and visits dad a lot. He says the main reason he got baptised is because he wanted my dad for a friend. Well it looks like that worked out for him.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Not too many, but i regret the ones i did. Actually, that was the first thing that caused me to question the "truth". I could no longer in good conscience go out in the ministry work. i could not let the org. hurt anyone else like they had me.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I haven't actually calculated the number, but it's about 25-30..............these are from people either myself, both Dave and I, or just Dave, studied with. We always had Bible Studies and lots of them did become dubs. Most of them are still in, but a few have left. We did a pretty good job with them too..............there are several elders amongst the group.

We haven't overtly tried to correct anything with them. One man, who is now an elder, came by the house a couple of years ago, when he was in the area (he lives in another circuit now) and said he had heard we were inactive. He didn't ask why and just said he wanted to encourage us. He said that knowing us as he does, he was confident that we wouldn't have left without a very good reason, and he wanted us to know he was available if we wanted to talk.

Another young man, the son of a couple we studied with, contacted Princess after seeing us post here on this board. We see him all the time now. His father is out, but not his mother and one sister.

• elamona
    elamona

None thank God. I wasn't a very good JW and boy am I glad for that now.

• La Capra
    La Capra

I still feel guilty about talking the boy who wanted to date me in high school into becoming one. After taking myself out, he's still in. He ended up marrying the mother of one of our classmates-clearly his issues were more complex than I as a 17 year old could fully comprehend. I feel the obligation to get one out for the one who's in at my fault. One day the opportunity will present itself. Shoshana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit