Only Two Religions

by barry 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• barry
    barry

I know I may get shot down in flames for this but here goes anyway. Im quoting fron Dr Des Fords site http://www.desford.org.au/home/index.php/mission

There are and always have been only two religions in the world. The most popular religion is where humans endeavour to make themselves good enough for God to accept. It preaches: 'Be holy and God will love you".

But the true religion of the gospel proclaims: this man [the God-man] receives sinners' Luke15:2; God 'Justifies the ungodly": Romans4:5 for Christ goes to be guest with those who acknowledge themselves as sinners: Luke 19:7.

-False religion majors in law and minors in love.

-True religion majors in love and minors in law.

-The first majors in what God requires of us .

-The second majors in what God has done for us.

One religion puts all its stress on Christ our example.

The other puts its stress on Christ our substitute and representative.

One is a religion that leads to bondage, despair and death.

The other is a religion that leads to joy, salvation and life everlasting.

Scripture says that we were all ruined without asking for it and that we inherited a sinful nature. But the gospel teaches that we have all been saved without asking for it in the atoning work of jesus our Lord. See 2 Corinthians 5:14e-211. Romans 5:10,18-19.

Crucified With Christ.

The good news is that our sins were crucified with Christ and nailed to his cross. Therefore, the law has no more power to condemn us than to condemn Christ.

Barry , Youre spiritual cousin. These two religions are in my own denomination

• Eugene Shubert
    Eugene Shubert

The clearest refutation of Desmond Ford's theology is given in an outstanding book by John MacArthur called, The Gospel According To Jesus. In short, Jesus said, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me" (Luke 9:23). To follow Jesus truthfully requires honesty, a willful renunciation of self and self-interests and a genuine submission to Christ's lordship.

• Satanus
    Satanus

In my religion, i don't need your christ. Sin is purely a human priestly invention, used as a club to beat the masses into submission. We are all 'images' of god, therefore we can have full confidence that we have all of the freedom that 'god' himself has. But, if you want to continue in your cage, that's fine too.

SS

• Eugene Shubert
    Eugene Shubert

Barry,

It's true that Adventism is composed of Pharisees and Sadducees. However, according to the book of Revelation, the two great religions at the end time that oppose each other (as we see on this forum) is the great hostility and contention between the 3 demons' messages and the 3 angels' messages:

http://www.everythingimportant.org/gospel

• barry
    barry

Gday Eugene,

So youre an SDA too from what ive read on the links you gave me. Some SDAs come on here now and then to keep me companybut youre the first in the last year or so.

Too bad our theology is so far apart even though we are members of the same denomination I promise I wont shun you, just joking mate.

Barry

• Oracroth
    Oracroth

I'm starting to realize choice doesn't really matter in the long run. The more I research, ponder, and conceive the more I realize that all choices end up vanity. The laws of the universe dictate that there is no random action or energy. Anything that happens can be precalculated if you knew the formula that governs that object. Even our brains use dendrites and neurons and such to signal thought. Making a precise copy of me and sticking it in the same scenario's as myself would end up having the same exact outcome. If the bible is true, how do you think prophesy would really work? It'd be a precalculation of factors in order to concieve an end. The question then is, do any of our choices really matter? If the universe was created again in the exact same way at the exact same time adam and eve would have done the exact same thing. Which means no matter how many times I went through life I would have failed and succeeded in the same spots I failed and succeeded.

What does that mean to me? I feel like it means there are no fair choices since the result of my choices will always end up the same. Without a truly random factor in the universe then nothing really matters. And thanks to that I question the rellevance of anything we hope for. Society dictates to us what is sin and what is virtue. Sin all depends on what you beleive in. I even question whether it really matters if I live or die. Can I truly say it was horrible before I was born? Is it possible for me to care if I was never born? Isn't death being in the same state of non-existance as never being born? Whether the bible is utterly true or utterly false doesn't matter. Concepts of happiness, peace, joy, these are all just a state of mind that can be reached in countless ways. Living forever intrigues me, but it doesn't matter in the end. Take life from me and I won't live to care about it.

• Eugene Shubert
    Eugene Shubert

Gday Barry,

Technically, I'm not an SDA. My theology is an offense to the church. I compare Adventism with first century Judaism. To the degree that the Jewish church rejected Christ, the Adventist church accepts antichrist. I think of Desmond Ford as a type of John the Baptist who prepared the way for A. Graham Maxwell.

• Eugene Shubert
    Eugene Shubert
    The laws of the universe dictate that there is no random action or energy. Anything that happens can be precalculated if you knew the formula that governs that object.

Oracroth,

You don't know a thing about the known laws of the universe. Did you know that quantum theory validates the Biblical view of physics?

Lesson 1. Please consider this perspective: God is continually working through His creation and His laws, using them as His instruments.

"Whatever the LORD pleases He does, In heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deep places. He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; He makes lightning for the rain; He brings the wind out of His treasuries." Psalm 135:6-7.

"He spreads the snow like wool and scatters the frost like ashes." Psalm 147:16.

The Lord is constantly employed and using as His servants the things that He has made. Said Christ: "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working." John 5:17.

The universe can't even exist apart from God.

"He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together." Colossians 1:17.

"In Him we live and move and have our being." Acts 17:28.

The fundamental fact of quantum theory is that nature appears probabilistic on the atomic scale. This is true science: It isn't any more unlikely for the Red Sea to split, water molecules suddenly moving out of the way precisely when Moses lifts up his staff and stretches his hand over the sea, than existence itself.

Eugene Shubert

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Barry,

Gumby here.......I have my bag of stones and my sling by my side, and I'm a comi'n after ya on this one

Your theology would be fantastic if I could believe it was true, but in reality I have to wonder just how much YOU believe it.

The bible clearly states omission of sin through christ, yet it ALSO teaches penalties if you continue to sin. Johns second letters teach this, paul mentioned all the ones who would not make it in Corinthians that were certain types of sinners, and he also mentioned if we keep sinning after we have gained knowledge of him, there was no sacrafice for sins left. I'm sure you can think of other refrences that teach the consequences of those who DELIBERATLY sin. "Well, a christian should not 'deliberatly' sin" you might say, but the fact is.....we ALL deliberatly sin, it usually not an accident.

The fact is...........believers who believe their sins are forgiven.........still feel guilty when they sin. Why? How much to you REALLY believe you are forgiven?

Gumby

• Oracroth
    Oracroth

I'd like to read more on this quantum theory. I really hate the concept that the state of anything at a certain point can be exactly the same given the same origins. Then I can get out of this perpetual depressive state.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit