Hi all

by AJN 33 Replies latest jw friends

• AJN
    AJN

Hello :)

I was a JW about 15 years ago and have been reading these forums for a while. It took a long time to get over the fear of Armageddon for sure. My 18 year old is still a JW (we live at opposit ends of the world) and I have found your information really useful as I am preparing some kind of telephone 'presentation', as it were, regarding JW beliefs and the difference between JW and the other Christian Churches and what the message of Jesus was. In particular this verse 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

“Now brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the twelve.” So, John, Paul said that the gospel which saves us is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Tad different from the standard JW version of the Good News eh?

Another thing that has struck me is the use of dates that the JW's use to prophesi - didn't Jesus say that no one could know the time or date of the Great Tribulation? It just occurred to me - they've been using dates for years when the Bible says that no one can know the dates. Quite funny really :)

AND - the strangest thing of all - the 'New Light' concerning the 1914 date - that's hillarious - it was the major theme at one time wasn't it? I can imagine how the JW's felt when it was no longer a 'generation' as they had previously known it. Would be similar to the ppl in 1975 I would think. Betrayal - it *surely* made some of them question their faith.

Anyway, I'm waffling - hello to every one again and thanks for the message boards :)

• tink
    tink

welcome, AJN, it's good to have you here!! :)

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi!

A great big welcome to you! It's amazing, isn't it that so many changes take place in the org but still so many just keep on hangin' on...

CyrusThePersian

• Valis
    Valis

Welcome AJN!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome!

• Simon
    Simon

Hey AJN ... welcome to our little corner on the 'Net

Isn't there a bit on the bible along the lines of "anyone who claims that Jesus was not raised in the flesh, do not believe them or accept them"

This is a scripture that the WTS teachings clearly go directly against. (I need to look it up, it's near the back, possibly in one of the very short books)

• reboot
    reboot

HI AJN and welcome; ((i hope you manage to help your son eventually ))

• Sassy
    Sassy

Welcome to JWD AJN!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome, AJN!

The 1995 "generation" change *surely* made me question! That's why I'm here on a Tuesday night, and not there!

outnfree

• Beans

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit