Do you ever discuss having been....

by SpunkyChick 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Teela
    Teela

Yes but I am lucky I work with another ex Dub, we often crack jokes about the polyester suits he used to wear. And sometimes discuss how great birthdays are and the good times with our families at xmas.(Not however our extended families) I remind he, if he has to go to a customers house he is not to sell magazines or call the customer "householder"

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Spunky, that was a good question.

For years: I was too ashamed to have ever admitted I was a "Jehovah's Witness".

Nowadays: it doesn't bother me anymore, because 9/10 people will ask me really good questions, and/or I find out they have a family member/relative who is studying, and I immediately panic, writing down info and a couple of websites to forward to their studying relative.

It does help to mention it, because, you may save 'someone' a helluva lot of heartache and a life of misery.

Good post Spunky, I appreciated it.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have at times. People are suprised in a curious way, then I tell them the horrible things that the WTS practices. Most are floored about what really goes on.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Thank you everyone for your responses. In casual conversation, my friends ask me what I'm up to online allot of the time. I've told them about this kewl chatboard and what an immense support it's been and continues to be. I find some people totally curious about the JW's and others not understanding what the heck I'm saying at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit