Society Ditches Older Publications

by new boy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

It has been reported that many of the older publications are being dumped. The Watchtower Bible and Truck Society have a long list of books, pamphlets and brochures that are no longer available either in print or in their data base on their web sight. Of course the reason is that this books have a lot of old information that is incorrect, false prophecies, flip flops and a lot of "new light" that became old light.

Plus it's been reported that many of the older publications are being mysteriously removed out of the local Kingdom hall libraries all over the world.

My question is, does anyone here have that list of publications that the society told the local elders to removed from their local Kingdom Halls?

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

They send out Letters to the Body of Elders now and then with what to get rid of, nothing new, if you search you should find some threads about that over the last 5 or 10 years, it might go back longer too.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Gotta hide the lie, y'know.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Nothing new.

This has been done with "out of date" pubs for ever.

We would usually be told to have campaigns to get rid of them and what's left trash.

• User99
    User99

So spiritual food has a “best if used by” or an expiration date, just like supermarket perishables!

• new boy
    new boy

I was hoping for a list of some kind.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Present Truth Baby!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

New Boy, I believe either jwfacts or JWsurvey had a list of some books that were out of date. Even here I believe someone some time back posted a list.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This is why the work of the Atlantis project and UADNA are so valuable.

RUST NEVER SLEEPS!

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

There is no longer a library at all in either of the two khs in my town. Not a single Bible or Dictionary for common use. Just what JW library has to dish out online.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit