New Elders Manual Released . Can anyone confirm ?

by Not_Culty 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Not_Culty
    Not_Culty

https://old.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/an4bnp/new_elders_manual_released/

Post text.

"Announcements for February say, in part:

Shepherd and Shepherd Addendum: We are pleased to inform you that “Shepherd the Flock of God”—1 Peter 5:2 has been completely revised. The new version, which will henceforth be re-ferred to as the Shepherd book, replaces the Shepherding textbook (ks10). In addition to including the material that currently appears in the Shepherding textbook, an effort has been made to include all relevant direction that currently appears in letters to all bodies of elders worldwide. Most direction that applies only in a specific branch territory will now appear in a document entitled Addendum to “Shepherd the Flock of God”—1 Peter 5:2. As a result, use of the Index to Letters for Bodies of Elders (S-22) and the letters referenced therein has been discontinued. Any printed or electronic copies of such documents should be destroyed.

In order to keep Shepherd and Shepherd Addendum up-to-date, revisions will be issued ap-proximately every six months. However, printed copies will be revised no more often than annually. An effort will be made to coordinate the release of significant policy adjustments with the biannual revisions of Shepherd and Shepherd Addendum.

Chapter 1 • Par. 4: When to hold elders’ meetings • Par. 6.1: When to consider recommendations for appointment or deletion of elders and ministerial servants

Chapter 9 • The arrangement for an elder selected by the body of elders to attend pioneer meetings with the circuit overseer (both in conjunction with circuit assemblies and regular visits to congregations) and thereafter to share highlights of the meeting with the entire body of elders has been discontinued.

Bizarre thing I noticed on page 3 of the book:

WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF REPUBLIC OF KOREA

Whaaaaat? "

• Darth FayDehr
    Darth FayDehr

Surely they mean "Democratic People's Republic of Korea" (North)?

• sir82
    sir82

Yep, it's true - even the "Korea" thing.

Weirdness.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor
    Did anyone leak it? I want a copy.
  • sir82
    sir82

Did anyone leak it? I want a copy.

I think it just came out today.

Don't worry, before sunset there will be about a thousand sites with copies available for download.

Edit: And here is the first place to find it:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6255453529964544/2019-elders-manual-whole-lot-more

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF REPUBLIC OF KOREA, INCORPORATED ASSOCIATION

What in the actual fuck is this all about? A legal loophole? "I'm sorry your honor, but that instruction to hide pedos comes directly from the WTBTS of Republic of Korea. We're WTBTS of NY. . .. Keep trying. . . "

• St George of England
    St George of England

Atlantis is your man!

George

• zeb
    zeb

Nothing to do with the CARC and all the adverse publicity that has come from that. It would make interesting reading to see what else they have changed..

with all the panicy changes made of late I am reminded of this old number. (audio good picture poor)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQ

• blondie
    blondie

Now this make it easier then for ex-jws to keep the leaks up to date and combined (those ex-jws that have sources and share with others)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Just a revised Cult book after a renew from the Legal Dept.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit