Some real gems from the KH!

by DATA-DOG 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, I went to the KH.... Why? I had my reasons, but I had a real nice cocktail before hand.

Anyway, the talk was "Why Does God Permit Suffering?" As you can imagine, it was really dumb. One line of "reasoning" for Jeehobo allowing suffering was this: "If Jehovah had simply killed Adam and Eve, then we wouldn't exist!"

Seriously?!?!?!? WTF?!?! Even if God was real, and Adam and Eve were real, how in the hell can anyone make that statement and believe it?? How could anyone know that? So, so, dumb...

During the WT dummining session, I had this thought, " If God could use his "active force" to make sure that Jesus was perfect, despite his being carried by an imperfect human mother, why couldn't God make all innocent offspring of Adam and Eve perfect? Why sentence us to suffering and death when you obviously have the power to make a perfect human from an imperfect one?"

Then comes the WT lesson on marriage..... OMG...so dumb... So, so dumb..

I skipped ahead, as I always do, and noticed something weird in the following article. The BORG are talking about marriage and sex, and they basically do a flip-flop on their stance on sexual practices within the marriage.

As creepy as it sounds, they basically say, "Whatever you do as far as sex is concerned, is your business.." I can't go get the article because my wife is right next to me, annoying the crap out of me, but check it out. It's super creepy. Even creepier than the GB policing sexual matters. It's the strangest thing I've read in a long time....

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The article is "Making Christian marriage a success." Just check out paragraph 8!!! It's friggin creepy as hell!!! "Evidently" the Bible doesn't make comments on "love play."

OMG!!! I just threw up in my mouth!!! Is Geoffrey Jackson's young, exotic wife on the writing staff? ( on the staff.... ) LOL!!

I have lost all desire to ever have sex again........

DD

• heathen
    heathen

seems like some of us love to go back and see what's up , I kinda get why the evil in the world is as such ,the blood line was corrupted and GOD I suppose could have put an end to it and in most cases would have done us a favor but decided to let us continue on so he could prove the devil a liar and such . My belief is that jesus was a clone or an implanted embryo of some sort , not from the corrupt blood line . I have heard some doozys tho since I also went to some meetings . What got me back on this site was the new ,"understanding", of the LF . they went from only the generation of 1914 to admitting they didn't know the answer to now they say it's a dual generation so the door still closed to newbies . nothing quite like this crazy church is there ,LOL

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

As creepy as it sounds, they basically say, "Whatever you do as far as sex is concerned, is your business.." I can't go get the article because my wife is right next to me, annoying the crap out of me, but check it out. It's super creepy. Even creepier than the GB policing sexual matters. It's the strangest thing I've read in a long time....

LOL! Makes me so happy that I left when I did. Thanks for sharing, sorry you had to put up with that and wasted a few hours that you'll never recover.

• Listener
    Listener

Why do they even talk about marriage and sex in front of young children?

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

"...Cathy [1] says: “As a single sister, I was independent and took care of myself. Marriage was an adjustment for me as I learned to rely on my husband. It has not always been easy, but we have drawn so much closer as a couple by doing things Jehovah’s way.” Her husband, Fred, says: “Making decisions was never easy for me. In marriage, taking two people into consideration adds to the challenge. But by seeking Jehovah’s guidance in prayer and really listening to my wife’s input, it gets easier every day. I feel that we are a real team!”

Apparently Cathy and Fred are a source of good advice on marriage. Unfortunately we are not given their address, phone number or any other contact information. What if we have some more marriage questions we need answered? How will we get a hold of them?

• compound complex
    compound complex

"I was a really flaky guy, but my winning personality had a lot of people fooled, er, convinced I was a good guy. It's not I was a jerk. I pioneered, I answered at meetings, I scrubbed toilets. I was really humble. Marriage material? No, but marriage and grand kids (not immediately) were expected of a young servant-to-be.

"My mate and I prayed and asked Jehovah's direction on all matters and many spiritually searching and confused young couples came to us for help and encouragement. It worked. We felt blessed.

"Nonetheless, something went wrong in this theocratic household. I'm largely to blame because being strong spiritually -- whatever the heck that means -- was no cure for my emotional illness. My poor wife. She really did try.

"Still crazy after all these years . . ."

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

There are a few horrible statements in here, and one funny one.

3. How strong should love be in a marriage?

What a stupid question; who is going to say it should be weak, or middling?

4 Focusing on the personal duties of each marriage mate, Paul wrote: “Let wives be in subjection to their husbands as to the Lord, because a husband is head of his wife just as the Christ is head of the congregation.” (Eph. 5:22, 23)

This is a non-starter; no one believes this, even in the congregation.

5 Admitting that marriage calls for adjustments, Cathy [1] says: “As a single sister, I was independent and took care of myself.

(Snicker; in a sexual way??)

Marriage was an adjustment for me as I learned to rely on my husband. It has not always been easy, but we have drawn so much closer as a couple by doing things Jehovah’s way.

(Snicker again; does this mean that Fred’s godly sexual prowess is not working for her?)

8 Although the Bible does not provide specific rules about the kinds and limits of love play that might be associated with natural sexual intimacy, it mentions displays of affection. (Song of Sol. 1:2; 2:6) Christian marriage partners should treat each other with tenderness.

Lying, flip flopping SOB’s!! Rewind to their constant lecturing about oral sex, dating back to the 70’s.

12 Unrealistic expectations may be at the root of a marital problem. When dreams about a happy marriage do not come true, a person may feel dissatisfied, cheated, even bitter. Differences in emotional nature and upbringing may become issues, or disagreements may arise regarding money, in-laws, and child-rearing. However, it is commendable that the vast majority of Christian married couples find mutually acceptable solutions for all such problems because they let God guide them.

This statement mentions problems, issues, disagreements, as if that is what leads people to divorce. Usually people divorce because they are at the end of their rope, many considering suicide as a way out.

Do they address this? No, they only say it is commendable that the ‘vast majority of ‘Christian’ married couples find mutually acceptable solutions.

(In other words, WE don't succumb to splitting up over disagreements, no sir, not our people!!)

14. What does the Bible say to Christians married to mates who are not worshippers of Jehovah?

14 In some cases, a Christian is married to one who is not yet a servant of Jehovah. Whether the unbelieving mate realizes it or not, he or she is “sanctified” because of being married to a believer. Any children born to them are considered “holy” and thus have a standing with God. Paul reasons: “Wife, how do you know whether you will save your husband? Or, husband, how do you know whether you will save your wife?” (1 Cor. 7:16) Nearly every congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses has married couples in which the Christian has been instrumental in ‘saving’ his or her mate.

Not yet a servant of Jehovah?? What about the ones who got a bellyful of lies, and left, but are still married to a witness?

Are we still holy and sanctified? What does that even matter, as they have said we are not living in a judgement period, and if an unbeliever dies, he will be resurrected!

Also, note the careful parsing of words in question 14; the ‘christian’ is married to a person ‘not a worshipper of Jehovah’.

They co-opt the use of the word christian, thus even if one’s unbelieving mate is christian in belief, he is still not a ‘worshipper of Jehovah’.

They are devious in their use of language.

• blondie
    blondie

" If God could use his "active force" to make sure that Jesus was perfect, despite his being carried by an imperfect human mother, why couldn't God make all innocent offspring of Adam and Eve perfect? Why sentence us to suffering and death when you obviously have the power to make a perfect human from an imperfect one?"

----------------

Good point, one I asked other jws many times. Most did not understand the convoluted WTS explanation why Jesus was perfect since Mary was not. God had to use artificial insemination where Mary's husband or any other man was not the father. That means that jw women could use semen from a man other than her husband.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And why do they insist on limiting the options for marriage? This just about ensures that no one is going to have a spouse they are genuinely attracted to. They are forced to take whatever they can get, even if it crosses ethnicities that they are not compatible with. Then, they are required to jump into it without trying it out first to see if they can live with the differences, and are stuck with it.

Additionally, they are borking the a$$emblies so opportunities are even more limited. Cut the big boasting sessions down to some 500 or 600 people, and you are much less likely to get someone that is compatible or at least bearable. Then, the more they sequester each congregation, the less chances people have to meet anyone in another congregation even at the Grand Boasting Sessions.

Result: Many get incompatible partners. They might get stuck with someone of a different race that they aren't attracted to simply because that's all there is. Or, someone much older (mostly a problem if the husband is around 18 and the wife is in her 40s or 50s), again simply because there is no availability. Even worse, the wife might get stuck with a tyrant of a husband. The fewer potential mates, the more likely this is to happen. And, there are congregations where many will not be able to find anyone at all--trust in joke-hova?

Are you supposed to be attracted to a partner that is not even compatible with you, or is a complete tyrant? And, to boot, one that is a complete idiot with money--will throw away money into the Worldwide Damnation Fund or waste much time and money in field circus damning the whole world? And they wonder why I would rather not donate anything to this ridiculous organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit