Forum 18: RUSSIA: Justice Ministry seeks complete Jehovah's Witness ban

by OrphanCrow 14 Replies latest jw friends

• stillin
    stillin

Russia sucks. Don't forget that.

• Dmitry
    Dmitry

I know that. Russia is the # 1 enemy of my country!

But I don’t really care about the moral level of those who indirectly contribute to the disappearance of the JW organization!

Or should I be concerned?))

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    But I don’t really care about the moral level of those who indirectly contribute to the disappearance of the JW organization!
    Or should I be concerned?))

Yes, you should be concerned.

Because cults never disappear due to bans. They empower the hard core members - not only in the banned country but also in other countries.

• stillin
    stillin

Maybe I'm being naive. Becoming a Witness actually gave me my first "moral compass." Sure, there's a lot of BS mixed in, as well as hocus-pocus. I think that some of the tenets of the religion are good. As with other religions. And that better people are made by being followers of almost any religion.

Too bad so many wrongs are committed in the name of religion. Too bad there are corrupt religious leaders. Too bad the followers don't think for themselves when it comes to sorting out issues.

Too bad that a government has to resort to draconian measures in order to "unify" the people under their system.

Incidentally, I was scrupulous about paying my taxes. I still am. When Rwanda chased the Witnesses out of their country, wasn't there a noticeable drop in the tax revenues? Maybe that was just an urban legend...

• Dmitry
    Dmitry

Yes, you should be concerned.

Because cults never disappear due to bans. They empower the hard core members - not only in the banned country but also in other countries.

I think a little differently!

You should not compare reality with the times of Stalin and Hitler. Then there was no information. Today is the internet age. And the JW cult is already breaking! It remains to make adepts think! Stress, prison, arrest - a good atmosphere to turn on the brain!

Therefore, I am not concerned, and much more should not!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit