u can speak against Christ but not the GB

by Damascus 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Damascus
    Damascus

So I am in trouble for questioning the whole rats nest of deceit and lies. In Matthew 12 Jesus says: Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come." The Gb seems to replace 'Holy Spirit' with themselves. If I said I doubted Jesus it not a problem but doubt the GB and they will lynch you. I am increasingly getting frustrated with these people and I don't know how to let go of it all. Just needed to rant a little as it all builds up and I feel hurt and annoyed, and angry.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That's not surprising. The "test question" for apostasy is, "Do you believe the GB is the F&DS and is being used by Jehover to direct his Organization today?" Jesus is just their sidekick who made a special deal with them and is awaiting their arrival in heaven.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Someone here always used to say "lets review, it's a cult".

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS said it is not enough to be Christian, you must be associated with the WTS.

• kpop
    kpop

Threads like this is why I come to this site! Thank you OP.

BTW, everyone should ask themselves, what is the actual meaning of the two baptism questions they ask? When you take the time to actually see it in writing, it's amazing. Conclusion, it's a cult.

• compound complex
    compound complex

So, then, are the Father, son, and holy spirit passe'?

They were very important when I became a JW.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Damascus: if anyone tries to question your "concerns" about the G.B., simply remind them what the G.B. themselves have sanctioned in the February 2017 Study Watchtower, page 26, par. 12 - "The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction."

Then ask the self-righteous interrogator, "Should we accept everything we're told is truth - without question?"

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Here are some other possibilities that you could use:

(Romans 14:4) . . .Who [am I] to judge the house servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls.. . . (Said from the standpoint that it is God and Jesus who ultimately decide who is faithful)

(1 Corinthians 4:5) . . .do not judge anything before the due time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring the secret things of darkness to light and make the counsels of the hearts manifest, and then each one will have his praise come to him from God.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The GB / FDS supersedes Jesus everyday....

• smiddy
    smiddy

Then ask the self-righteous interrogator, "Should we accept everything we're told is truth - without question?"

I would say the average Elder would say yes ....and he wouldnt see the problem with his answer

Thats how indoctrinated they are .and clinging on to their self importance. in a small pond.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit