Question for Christians: What Religion are You Now?

by LaurenM 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tornapart
    tornapart

Hi Lauren, I'm a christian still and still believe in God but religion has no place in my life. Religion is all about control and I don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire. True, there may be some liberal churches who are welcoming and tolerant but I'm not going to sift through all the bad ones to find a good one. I believe in evolution but I believe that God set it all off. I don't have all the answers and never will, I always say there are more questions that answers but it's interesting discovering what other people believe and why. I rather like the ideas that Frances Collins has, they make a lot of sense to me.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Does any christian-based religion teach this? What are the base principles of whatever religion you are involved in?

There are some organized christian groups that offer more liberal views on certain things, but I really doubt that you will find them all in one place. Some who are open to gay people may not be open to believe that Muslims are to be welcome. Some who are open to other people's believes may be homophobic.

So, good luck.

Actually, I can't leave it alone to that. I wonder, what is your spiritual need? What exactly makes you want to join a religious organization? What are you looking for?

• Bruisedandbleeding12
    Bruisedandbleeding12

Dawn bible student

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

So does it ? or even should it matter what Christian religion you are today ? No God has ever sanctioned any of them these past 2000 years , why would you believe he / she is going to do so now,?

-Excellent point Smiddy. Early on in my exit, a similar thought process had a profound effect on me when determining that neither Watchtower nor any other religion display any evidence of being the chosen or correct one.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I've reached a point in my life where I couldn't give a fig if there's a god or not.

Since god has been and remains silent........ anything about a god is made up........ a bad translation of that silence.

What you may or not feel is ultimately about you. The ancients made their god's up to provide a reason for everything they couldn't account for. What we have are hand me down god's that no longer provide answers.

If you desire a spiritual feeling watch very young......... very innocent children....... playing in a playground.

Take a walk in the woods or a park. The spiritual is all around us if you look for it and listen.

Listen very carefully and you will hear your own heart beat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit