Last minute change of venue for 2019 JW regional convention

by sir82 19 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

JW Regional conventions scheduled to be held in Rochester NY in August 2019, will instead be held in Wilkes-Barre, PA.

Here is the story:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2019/07/09/jehovahs-witnesses-pull-conventions-unable-reach-deal-pegula-sports/1685174001/

Looks like the new management of the Rochester arena didn't like playing "hardball" with the JW negotiation team, and just decided to close their doors.

The group is looking at returning to Rochester next summer, Miller said, adding this is "not a cold, hard break. Jeffries said Visit Rochester planned to meet with representatives after their convention to "offer them different solutions other than the arena."

Lotsa luck trying to book the convention in Rochester next year, after screwing the hotels on the "recommended lodging list" out of hundreds of thousands of dollars in bookings this year.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The arena clearly didn't have "Jehovah's blessing" this year. Maybe next year?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Persecution has started. Armeggadon for sure this year.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I'm glad they didn't cave in to the JW maggots.

The JW's are trying to save as much as possible.

Or maybe their masonic phallus god came to them in a dream. LOL

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Where was the Holy Spirit direction when they rented the facility in the first place? (AWOL?_)

• SadElder
    SadElder

I would love to know what the sticking point was. They have cancelled the use of facilities for as little as a difference of a few hundred dollars and inconveniencing hundred of Dubs who were forced to drive much longer distances.

Rochester is nearly 4 hours drive time from Wilkes-Barre. Can't you just hear the frustration among the rank and file?

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ SadElder

But it's for their masonic phallus god! (in a very sarcastic voice LOL)

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

It sounds like the disagreement was about the new owners of the arena insisting on having their own security, janitors, and parking attendants as per their own safety & liability requirements.

We can imagine the JWs balking over all that nonsense when they have their own (superior and theocratically-trained) voluntary workers for these positions,

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

WTF?? So you're telling me that people who'd normally go to Rochester, NY, now will have to drive the whole way to Wilkes-Barre?

That's 237 miles, or 3.5 hours of driving!!!!!!!!! WatchTower has lost their fuggin' minds!!!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nice waste of gas, which I hope comes right out of their donations. And, if anyone now has to get motel rooms, I hope that money also comes out of donations. Or, if they have to waste all the time each day, I hope people donate nothing.

Or, even better yet, I hope plenty will not go at all. There are better things to do than waste close to 8 hours a day (and how the washtowel hates it when people break the speed limit, even if everyone else is doing it and it is safer at the higher speed) and whatever they have to waste on gas. For that kind of time, one can do plenty of better things--such as learning that foreign language you have wanted to (with that sort of time, one could get materials to learn a language like German, French, Dutch, or even Russian and reach the A1 level).

Not to mention, a trip to the Rochester area or Wilkes Barre is not that far from several decent amusement parks. You have a decent water park in Utica, Marineland in Niagara Falls (Canadian side), and Hershey's theme park not that far out of Wilkes-Barre. Even Cedar Point is not that much farther a drive. And, you actually get to do something worth your time, not waste it learning horsefeathers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit