Need Information on San Miguel,Cuba Kingdom Halls

by Ephraim Jamin Vasquez Jr 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Ephraim Jamin Vasquez Jr
    Ephraim Jamin Vasquez Jr

Greetings Fellow Brothers and Sisters,

I'm looking to visit Cuba and was thinking of traveling to San Miguel, Cuba and I was wondering if anyone has Kingdom Hall addresses (phone/address/location) want to visit my brothers there. I do hope someone can help me, i'm out of options :)

your fellow brother

Ephraim

• St George of England
    St George of England

Hi Ephraim

See below for details, taken from jw.org website. This is a website for ex-jw's so coming here you run the risk of finding out the real truth behind the Watch Tower Society.

George

South Andros - Kemps Bay SA (BHS)

Weekly Meeting
    Queen's Hwy
    Kemps Bay SA

GPS Coordinates: 24.019655 -77.532791

English:

Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Midweek Meeting)
    Sunday, 10:00 a.m. (Weekend Meeting)
    Memorial Observance

English:

Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 7:00 p.m. (Memorial)

• Landy
    Landy

I think you've took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up here.

Careful getting to Cuba - you're likely to end up in Jamaica with direction sense like that.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I'm afraid we're not much better. The congregation listed in the second post is in South Andros in the BAHAMAS. Good luck getting to Cuba from there

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

My god, this thread is getting so hilarious, it already made my day.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    dropoffyourkeylee: I'm afraid we're not much better. The congregation listed in the second post is in South Andros in the BAHAMAS. Good luck getting to Cuba from there

<sigh>

You will need to ask one of your elders or ministerial servants to look it up for you when they've logged-in to jw . org.

While the vast majority of Kingdom Hall/Congregation Meeting times and places are publicly listed on jw . org - there are a few that are NOT. These other - Additional Congregation Meeting Places - can be searched for by an elder or m/s that is logged-in to jw . org AND has been given permission.

It was all explained around five years ago in the following letter:

Letter April 5, 2012 - Re: Searching for congregation meeting locations and times on jw . org

PS to body of elders:

At the next Service Meeting, please arrange for an announcement to be made to the congregation that a letter on the above-noted subject has been posted on the information board. For some time, this jw . org feature has been available only to jw . org users with the Search for Congregation Meetings role. Although it will no longer be necessary to log in to jw . org in order to search for congregation meeting information, meeting information of some congregations will not display to the public. Therefore, the Search for Congregation Meetings role has been renamed “Search for Additional Congregation Meeting Places.” Only logged-in users with the Search for Additional Congregation Meeting Places role will be able to access congregation information that is not available to the public. Only ministerial servants or elders with a jw . org account should be given this role. Any jw . org users currently assigned the Search for Congregation Meetings role have automatically been assigned the Search for Additional Congregation Meeting Places role.

READ FULL LETTER: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwqmWMK7dwtlY0RXVkhJQlhkYkE/view
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

From what I gathered here and from trying to do the search on the JW site, you must log in as an elder or servant to find a Kingdom Hall in Cuba. I don't know that you would find it even then.

Catholicism is the predominate belief, Santeria has survived but is mostly blended with Catholicism. Protestants and a few others are there. Jehovah's Witnesses are there. But because the government banned open religion for so long, groups are cautious.

I would suggest enjoying Cuba without the Kingdom Hall. If you visit during the Memorial, you are only required to attend if you you are "anointed" and need to eat the crackers and sip the wine, but isn't that something someone so spiritual knows how to do on their own?

.....or just go and hope to run into the JW's with their cart. I mean- preaching the word is so important. Of course you will find them doing that work. They will tell you where the Hall is.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

When you realize you're in the wrong place.

via GIPHY

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

OnTheWayOut: Catholicism is the predominate belief, Santeria has survived but is mostly blended with Catholicism. Protestants and a few others are there. Jehovah's Witnesses are there. But because the government banned open religion for so long, groups are cautious.

There's actually quite alot of JWs 'over there'

Cuba has been a featured picture onthe front page of the jw . org website:

Havana, Cuba—Preaching from house to house in Old Havana

11,258,597 - Population
    96,487 - Ministers who teach the Bible
    1,524 - Congregations
    1-to-117 - Ratio of JWs to pop (compare: USA is 1-in-263, UK is 1-in-471)

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Also....

The article listed below about the JWs in Cuba, is the one with the 'infamous' GB/bible signing photo

Watchtower 15 May 1999, pages 7 to 9

A Historic Visit Makes an Island Rejoice

page scan including GB Bible signing photo

Also....

Visit the Bethel in Cuba:

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/offices/cuba/

Address:
    Ave. 15 #4608 e/ 46 y 48
    PLAYA, LA HABANA, CUBA

Tours:
    Monday to Friday
    9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
    Duration 1 hour

Picture of Cuban Bethel:

https://www.facebook.com/MyMinistryIdeaz/photos/pb.142019915871607.-2207520000.1455988250./1007317752675148/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit