ACTIVISM strategies

by TerryWalstrom 11 Replies latest jw friends

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

The coffee at Starbucks, imho, is awful. I just feel I need to cover my use of Wi-Fi and I'm on an extremely limited budget. I make 1 tall coffee of the day last all day.

The dynamic of MORE THAN ONE JW in a conversation is something which can be problematic depending on how bad they tag-team you.

It's surely a HIVE mind.
    The only thing I can see as Kryptonite is a simple statement of personal experience and NOT doctrine hacking. Child abuse, DF-ing blowback, unfair Elders, and such hit closer to home than the Trinity, Hell, etc.

Actually, there is no ironclad path to successful activism other than avoiding becoming who they EXPECT you to be as an Apostate.

If you're humble, heartfelt, earnest, and helpful it goes a long way.

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

Discussion groups (especially this one) led the way long before all the rest.

I became part of JWD around 2000. It and sites like it did a great job and filled a great need.

I ran a successful Web site as well during web 1-2.0.

On top our work, like generations before, others stand on top of us.

A quality article with great research is passed by for a recycled bullet-point listicle.

We have entered a new era on the Web. Social media and crowdfunding rules along with clickbait sites and creating a following for yourself on YT with charisma and all that jazz.

Attention spans are short and opinions are like... well, you know.

Cedars gets his book funded by his groupies with their name in this book. It's just the way of the world now.

Cross-generational, and COC is pirated by a click. Nobody cares anymore. It's sad, but what the majority wants.

Maybe it will slow down when new creators find their work being given away without compensation. They'll get it when the books they write are pirated and everyone moves on to the next piranha feast.

What goes around, comes around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit