Organized Dub Rave Parties...Easy sex optional!

by yxl1 30 Replies latest jw friends

• yxl1
    yxl1

My wife had a long drive home from North Yorkshire with her younger brother (who is a dub) last night. She was asking him questions about his social life and was very surprised at his response. Apparently, each week in London some brothers organize “raves” in various hired nightclubs. Usual attendance is between 300 – 400 and what they sometimes get up to, could be considered worse than a “worldly” club. The fee’s to get into the club are a little higher than normal, but almost everyone in attendance is a single witness. Sex in toilets, in the car park, in cars and even people getting a little too tactile on the dance floor is apparently quite common. Drugs are used and alcohol flows freely. No Kingdom melodies are played, only the type of music that the Watchtower forbids. The Elders are not aware of these raves, even though my Brother in law has attended one every weekend for the last few months, (and his father is an Elder) and usually doesn’t get home before 5am ON A SUNDAY MORNING! (This annoyed my wife who wasn't even be allowed to the cinema on a Saturday night if the film finished later than 9pm)

Back in my day (10 years ago) you were not even allowed to visit a band playing in a pub. If you did, you’d almost always get spied on, and the usual phone calls/visits from Elders would follow. Even parties at home were frowned upon, no alcohol was ever allowed, the music was always some crap like Phil Collins and there was always a MS or a “young” Elder present to make sure no one held hands or made eye contact for too long.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is this just a London phenomenon? And why the hell wasn’t there stuff like this when I was a dub?!

I can’t imagine this will continue for too long before someone gets wind of it. Lets hope that when they do, there will be a mass exodus of young people who, in all honesty, are only doing what normal young people do.

• caspian
    caspian

Nope these parties have been going on for a few years.

Newcastle Leeds Nottingham are just some of the venues I have heard of.

You dont find out the venue till about 1 hour before by text message,

Cas

• shamus
    shamus

Nice to see you again, yx...

Young witnesses always have gone out and partied... it just depends which group you belong to. I was running with the "bad boy" group, and we all went to witness parties where booze was flowing, drunkards were everywhere, "debased" music was cranked, and, yes, some naughty "heavy petting", or "dry humping" would inevitably take place. It's just the crowd that you would hang out with... you had to be quiet about it, though. Nobody said anything to anyone..

We used to go to clubs all the time, and see bands. I have seen very depbased bands like Nitzerebb, The Violent Femmes, Ministry (AWESOME BAND LIVE!), Ethyl Meatplow, The Grapes of Wrath, just to name a few.

If you know how to shut up about it,,,, (not inferring that you didn't), you would be cool.

This "rave" thing will get shut down eventually. They always do. Just give it about 6 months or less... by the time the old men decide to do something about it, it is usually way out of control.. something that it already is! Oh well... young will be young... there will be a mass disfellowshipping coming up, you can BET ON THAT! Whenever someone would get in trouble in our group, we would keep a low profile for a while... but it inevitably went right back up there again...

Like I say. It's just who you hung around with. Hang out with bad assosiation, and we did all kinds of demonized things!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I have seen very depbased bands like ... Ministry

"Ministry" is a good name for a band viewed by young Dubs! LOL

• shamus
    shamus

As a matter of fact, they are quite anti-religion... you should hear they're song called Psalm 69... they refer to ministers "Drinking the blood of Jesus"... quite funny.

• blondie
    blondie

The DO ranted about these at the last year's circuit assembly. In my area they center around the large population areas, easier to stay hidden or anonymous. As long as they keep the elders (and the MS) out of the loop, it is hard to find out and hard to control. I don't see the diff from wedding receptions that run around 300 and have alcohol provided, but then the CO/DO/WTS diss those too. An interesting way to thumb your nose at the WTS.

Blondie

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Well I for one hope that this stuff does stay out of the loop. Whatever is said in this post, don't give anything away that may lead a vigilante elder to a "mass arrest" of kids having fun!

• Scully
    Scully

caspian writes:

You dont find out the venue till about 1 hour before by text message

Hence the recent YPA article about the "dangers" of cell phones....

Actually I remember reading an ad on JW-Match where the "sister" alluded to enjoying these kinds of parties. Her attitude was that as long as she was associating with other JWs, it was nobody's business what she did with her free time.

I suppose there's less chance that she'll be out in service and knock on the door of someone she's boffed at one of these parties if it's just JWs who attend them.... We mustn't Bring Reproach on Jehovah?, eh?

Love, Scully

• Mutz
    Mutz

I know some of the dubs who used to attend these kind of things a few years ago. They are all respectable married couples now who seem to have forgotten exactly what they did. In my cong there was a mass dfing when one sister got a guilty conscience and dropped all her fellow 'orgy' attenders in it. :)

• shamus
    shamus

Exactly what I'm said, Muntz,

The egg always cracks... it's just a matter of time. How I stayed in the group without getting in trouble was to not be present when "gross" sins were happening. When they did, we would leave or whatever. (turn a blind eye). See no evil, hear no evil, no evil has happened. Thats how I survived!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit