Drugs....why?

by Tigger 21 Replies latest jw friends

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    Gefangene: Do you mind if I ask what kind of drugs you are addicted to?
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

A large percentage, most I have known in the past, do throw the baby out with the bath water; becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy for sure.

I cannot explain why that happens, but it certainly does in many cases. In these instances, it would've been more beneficial for these types to have remained JWs.

DY

• Satanus
    Satanus

"Drugs....why?"

Because, they work. The drugs your mother gives you don't do anything at all. 'God' doesn't do anything either. Drugs aneasthetize or move people out of their regular frame of mind, which is what they genearlly want. Many lose their way, though, as you say.

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam
    Sorry I am slightly off the subject, but, my father got disfellowshipped by a whole bunch of guys I grew up with and was friends with. They were drunks back in the day, I know because we used to party in Juarez Mexico as underaged youths (while we pioneered). I know a few still drink and push the limit in hiding. What pissed me off at one time is that while I was finishing college, these bastards were climbing the JW ladder, and became elders plus judged my pop. They still have their drinks and much more than everyone thinks. There are a couple that I know get their hands on cocaine once in a while. A few of their wives are whores that desire other elders with better paying jobs. Money, money, money, money........
  • Twitch
    Twitch
    I don't abuse drugs. In fact, I take very good care of them.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Hi , Tigger , I see you joined here 16 years ago and have posted 2 times and commented 26 times , you must be the quite silent type , good to see you back again .So I guess you are new here .in a sense ,

And believe me I knew personally a number of active JW`s who had an alcohol problem , who managed to hide it successfully .

Please join in the discussions more often , it`s a great place to be .

Take care

smiddy

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

Drugs...why?

Why not?

Satanus

Drugs aneasthetize or move people out of their regular frame of mind, which is what they genearlly want.

Spot on!!
  • DJS
    DJS

"Wholesome inspired living dictates that alcohol be avoided because it causes damage"? WTF? Really Fink?

That's a manipulative debating tactic called Argument From Intimidation. It isn't a fact nor supported by science or "wholesome inspired living."

You are an excellent poster most of the time. However, you have a pattern of making definitive statements devoid of evidence on matters for which you have had problems managing.

Alcohol is the second such area I've noted. The science suggests moderate alcohol provides several health benefits, and abstainers, in many studies, have no better if not worse health than moderate drinkers. The research is not conclusive, but it is voluminous.

At the moment the data does not support your manipulative dogmatism on the subject.

And I'm assuming you have data that proves a 'probability" of alcohol or drug abuse by those leaving the Dark Tower? Please reference the data for all of us to review. Anecdotal or personal observation or experience doesn't count as data btw.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    never knew any members of my old cong that had drug problems but certainly there was a big drinking culture in the entire cong/circuit and over the whole of the UK , we had a brother join our cong some years ago, very zealous, good speaker and eventually was made an elder, he used to be proud of the fact that he was a recovering alcoholic who hadn't touched the booze in many years and would openly talk about his past, he was a carpenter and did a lot of work in the homes of members of the cong, he also used to pick up work from non jw neighbours of the houses he was working on including my neighbour, my neighbour was not only a very good buddy but my drinking pal, he used to tell me that not only did he go out drinking with this elder he'd seen him on numerous times coming out of the liquor store with with bottles of whiskey! he was carrying on as an elder still spinning the same old story about how he'd beaten his battle against the booze !
  • stillin
    stillin
    I've observed plenty of drinking among the Witnesses but it seems moderate to me. And speaking for myself, I quit doing any sort of recreational drugs when I became a Witness. Completely. I also feel that I would have had a serious drinking problem if I did not have a Witness mindset. I drank too much only a handful of times, but overall, I did better because of being a Witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit