My Hollywood Memory : Sean Connery and Michael Caine

by Terry 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

That was one of the best pieces you've written on here.

• Terry
    Terry

sir82 : That was one of the best pieces you've written on here.

Oh, thank you.
    Fun times makes for great memories.
    I'm pulling together my so-called memoirs which I've been collating for
    many years. I definitely am going to publish it as my 3rd book if can finish editing.
    My JW years, my prison years, my Parole, escaping the cult and moving to California, Art business and Hollywood, 4 wives and 4 divorces, yep--it won't be dull, fer sure :)

• blondie
    blondie

Looking forward to it, Terry. I hope I am still alive when it gets published. I am closing on 70 soon. No pressure, right?

Blondie

• sir82
    sir82

Not to worry, if you have "special mightiness" you've got another full decade.

• blondie
    blondie

sir82, perhaps, the women in my family have lived into their 90's with fairly good health and their minds, except for the jw part. I read the obits everyday, not to make sure I am not in them, but to keep track of people I have known who have died, school, work, jws, family, etc. I am sad to see how many have died in their 60's. Only 1 family member left in the generation before me (overlapping?).

I'm just glad that my health has improved about 75% from the last 5 years. I am taking advantage of it for as long as it lasts.

Blondie

• Terry
    Terry

I have to say it is a peculiar feeling to go through life watching people who shared your lifetime disappear one by one.
    Death is most felt by the utter finality.
    It feels like that scene in 2001 A Space Odyssey when HAL's 'brain' is being shut down circuit by circuit and his enormous intelligence is gradually reduced to infantile simplicity.
    When your contemporaries are gone - there is a strangeness to conversations with people who seem to know nothing. They regard you (as an older person) as weird.
    Well, yeah. I am that - but my memories of things that happened are clear enough - they're just not important to younger people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit