How can they sleep at night???

by doodle-v 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• sf
    sf

Whip This lethal, INSANE, twisted policy, based on HUMAN INTERPRETATION...

MUST BE ABOLISHED!

Get Krackin'!!

sKally

• shotgun
    shotgun

Sorry (((((((((doodle-v))))))))))))) it sure hurts when loved ones won't listen..show your brother this quote..without my added comments though.

Most of the GB have probably had blood transfusions:

*** w58 8/1 p. 478 Questions from Readers ***

Questions from Readers

. One of Jehovah's witnesses who claims to be of the anointed remnant recently went to the hospital and took a blood transfusion, voluntarily. Should she be allowed to partake of the emblems of bread and wine at Memorial time?-R. J., United States.

We, of course, regret with you that this sister who professes to be one of the anointed remnant took a blood transfusion voluntarily during her stay in the hospital. We believe that she did the wrong thing contrary to the will of God. However, congregations have never been instructed to disfellowship those who voluntarily take blood transfusions or approve them. We let the judgment of such violators of God's law concerning the sacredness of blood remain with Jehovah, the Supreme Judge. The only thing that can be done in the cases of individuals like this is to view them as immature and therefore not capable of taking on certain responsibilities, hence refusing to make certain assignments of service to such ones.

Since an individual is not disfellowshiped because of having voluntarily taken a blood transfusion or having approved of a dear one's accepting a blood transfusion, you have no right to bar this sister from the celebration of the Lord's Evening Meal. As an anointed member of Christ's body she is under orders and command by Christ Jesus to partake. Whether she is unfaithful as to what she professes to be by virtue of taking the emblems of the Lord's Evening Meal is something for Jehovah God to determine himself. His judgment begins at the house of God. It is not for you or anyone serving the Memorial emblems to act as the judge, but to allow the emblems to go to anyone in the audience as these are passed along in the normal manner of letting each one have the opportunity to partake.

They did change this policy in 1961 and started DFing ones who had voluntarily received blood. But on a lighter note its still ok to be immature and not capable of taking on responsibilities and be selected to be ruling in Heaven as one of the 144000.

• Rick Aust
    Rick Aust

Please note: and can anyone please confirm this.

I watched a medical program regarding childbirth, the program had nothing to do with the Watchtower or any religious issue, the program clearly said that Whole Blood is passed from the mother to the unborn child, to the point that the doctors can remove some blood samples from the mum and look for the unborn babies blood cells which are mixed in with the mothers.

Firstly. If this is the case, and God allows blood to be shared while unborn, then why not when the baby is born? what if the baby when he is 10yo needs more blood, can't he use his mothers blood? Again?

Secondly. The watchtower has always claimed that the 2 systems, the unborn baby and the mother's blood system are totally seperate, and only some parts of the blood are shared between them, which is one of the grounds that they use to allow some blood components.

This is obivously a false claim and if some "no-body" like me knows the lie that the Watchtower continues to spread to maintain their Theology, then I feel just like you do! "How do they sleep at nights"

If you feel that seeing this program can help you, I am prepared to make a copy and mail it to you. I live in Australia. It is on a PAL VHS format.

regards rick.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

How can they sleep -- they are the evil slave - -why should they not be able to sleep?

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

thank you guys for the links and quotes.

Country Girl, my heart goes out to you as well.

Right now, he pretty angry with me and won't talk to me about it. I'm hoping i can talk to him again and try to give him some information before its too late. I know he's an adult and has to decide for himself what he wants to do, but it burns me up to think that he's refusing life-saving medical treatment because of a mis-interpreted bible verse.

Doodle-V

• mizpah
    mizpah

doodle-v

I'm sorry to read about your brother. May God comfort you and bless you during this time of distress.

Men have committed terrible atrocities in the name of religion. People who are convinced they have "the truth" can justify whatever they do. The Governing Body only has to make the rules and regulations. They never have to deal with the personal tragedies that result from them.

We pray that your brother will reconsider his position.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

This is such foolishness. If the society were to change their minds tommorow and say all blood transfusions are ok we were wrong all these years, what happens to all those you passed away. Or how about couples who refused to have children because the end is upon us. Or what about youth who were discouraged to go to college in the 80's yet in the 90's the society ok'd it. What about single witnesses who decided to stay single for full time service and now are in their 80's.

How about the fact that blood substitutes contain more human blood percantage wise than other non blood substitutes.

I HATE THIS GOD DAMN RELIGON AND WHAT ITS DOING TO FORMER MEMBER AND THIER FAMILIES AND WHAT IT DID TO DESTROY MY LIFE!!!!!!

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((((((Doodle-V)))))))))

This is tragic.

and as it stands he's refusing to talk with me,

Is he in the hospital now? Is he being influenced by the local HLC who will put a phalanx of elders around him to keep him strong in "his" decision to remain "faithful to Jehovah"? In other words, is his decision not to speak to you really his?

I get the impression you do not live nearby. Can you afford to make the trip? It might salve your conscience and be money well spent to go NOW to try to save him from making an UNEDUCATED decision re: blood rather than waiting to spend the $$ you'd somehow manage to come up with once he has died from his ignorance.

If you are able to get to his bedside, even if there are elders there, would you be able to stay calm and collected enough to ask for the HLC brother and to INSIST that the brother explain ALL of your brother's options according to current WT policy? Perhaps just going through this exercise in front of your brother (insisting that it is because you love him so that you want to make SURE that he understands his options completely) and asking pointed questions (perhaps arm yourself with information from Ray Franz' In Search of Christian Freedom, Chapter 9, Blood and Life, Law and Love, as well as from AJWRB) would be enough for him to see that there is definitely some wiggle room in the theology.

I am sick to think of the hard road ahead of you AND your brother. I wish you steadfastness and eventual peace, no matter what the outcome of your efforts.

outnfree

• freedom96
    freedom96

This just might be the time as mentioned above to get him the information he needs so he knows he can indeed take blood, and hopefully live.

The damn Watchtower is definately guilty as hell for thousands of deaths. Sick.

• Makena1
    Makena1

((((DoodleV)))

This is so terrible. We wish there was something we could do to help you change your brothers mind. It sounds like he is accepting the situation ----- and considers this a test of his integrity. Your anger and frustration is correctly directed at the Borg, and not him. He is just doing what he has been brainwashed trained to do.

You and your family are in our thoughts. If you want to talk, please pm us.

hugs,

Mak and Sabine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit