Coronavirus outbreaks at any Bethels?

by careful 8 Replies latest jw friends

• careful
    careful

Does anyone know of any Covid-19 diagnoses within any Bethels/branches/remote translation centers?

It would be interesting to see what the GB's policy is when this happens. I suppose it's bound to happen sooner or later.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Knowing their policies they will kick the patient out the door. Just speculating here.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If there were you can bet the GB heads will stop any information coming forward to the rest of the JWS body of members.

Jehovah protects his chosen earthly ones, you know.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Just like he protected his chosen people the Israelite`s / Jews from the time he became their GOD from the scourge of Leprosy ?

Numb.12:10 ,Le.13:2 , Deu. 24:8 , 2KI.5:3 ,27 ,Lu.5:12.

So going by past experience Jehovah won`t be protecting anyone at any of the Bethel`s and in the case of Miriam it was god who gave her Leprosy .

And I laugh at those who say God Jehovah is protecting the GB and others by moving out of New York ?

Jesus Christ he only moved them less than 55 miles away ? Not to somewhere like Australia which has a pittance of infections compared to America .

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I have a family member at a bethel overseas, and to date they do not have any cases of COVID-19. They have been on lockdown the whole time.

• LaFrancia
    LaFrancia

For the situation of covid-19 in Orange County New York you can see the web sites dailyvoice.com.

In Warwick city 443 person have covid-19

In Walkill city 647 person have covid-19

This the total in this moment in this small city .The bethel family is near the city of Warwick.

There are not information for cases inside ghe bethel family but they are in the centre of the pandemia.

This is it

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I doubt it would be announced.

I would just find out who has suddenly been asked to serve where the need is greater and a pickup truck comes in the middle of the night to load all of their personal goods.

Rub a Dub

• Realbavman
    Realbavman

I have a son and a nephew at Walkill. I have recently been told they are both doing well. Also, the facility has been on lockdown for some time now.

• careful
    careful

Thanks for the input. RubaDub, you're probably right that it wouldn't be announced, but we all know how unannounced info is passed in the Witness world. If some young chap at some Bethel was diagnosed with the virus and told his folks at home, the word would be out. Plenty of people at this forum have relatives and friends still in. I was just wondering if anyone had inside info.

Someone here posted on another thread that as of 17 April, 250 cases of JWs at large in the USA had come down with the virus, leaked supposedly by the US Branch telling US COs who then related the info to BOEs in their circuits. It's possible that such channels could be used to speak of infected Bethelites too.

I'm sure they are on lock down and that will help, but deliveries are still made there and a tiny bit of the outside world must be tricking in. Much about this virus is still unknown too. If it were to leak in, it could spread pretty rapidly in their communal lives, like it did on the USS Roosevelt aircraft carrier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit