It begins norway no money for wt because of shunning

by Yomama 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Earnest
    Earnest
    MeanMrMustard : So it was Furuli, after getting DFed himself, that got this ball rolling ... after decades of enforcing shunning and towing the WT line.

Furuli maintains in his blog My Beloved Religion that 32 of the 43 disfellowshipping offences mentioned in Shepherd the Flock of God are made up by the GB and have no Bible backing. He also maintains that neither shunning nor disassociation are based on the Bible. Whether or not he enforced shunning and towing the WT line before being disfellowshipped I do not know.

• Yomama
    Yomama

Yes thats the point shunning is comeing to and end the question is which country will stop enforced shunning first. The dam will burst at some point then wt will be forced to go back to 1974 ray franz article.hip hip horay.

• Yomama
    Yomama
    Drip drip drip.
  • Earnest
    Earnest

Just a small bit of trivia you may not have noticed in the letter sent to the Norwegian branch office, is that the branch office address is Røyskattveien 25, 1914 YTRE ENEBAKK.

Ytre Enebakk is a village in the county of Viken, 20 miles from the centre of Oslo, where the branch office was built 1981-1984. The postcode is 1914. Was this coincidence or design?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Furuli maintains in his blog My Beloved Religion that 32 of the 43 disfellowshipping offences mentioned in Shepherd the Flock of God are made up by the GB and have no Bible backing. He also maintains that neither shunning nor disassociation are based on the Bible. Whether or not he enforced shunning and towing the WT line before being disfellowshipped I do not know.

I have to admit, I don't keep up with the latest from Furuli. But thanks for pointing me toward his blog.

But I can see by the dates on the articles (late September 2020), he published well after being DFed. So either his experience of being dfed led him to examine other doctrines and he changed his mind on those too, or these were held prior to being to dfed.

And on his blog, he still claims that he believes the WT is still the one true religion.

"Its the Truth!, except for these 50+ things"

As I have stated, I don't agree with the government getting involved. But it's interesting to see how fast he ran to the government to gain leverage. I think a lot of people have that reaction because they want their family to behave differently. I think Furuli wants to force them to listen to his doctrine. He's so concerned now, but he could have sent that letter long ago. He didn't because he was in the organization and wanted to climb the ranks.
  • MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

It would be better if 1) he just states he was wrong, with a little mea cupla, 2) owns it, and 3) and this would be the ultimate in awesomeness - publish a book along side of Carl Olaf Jonsson.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit