Have You Had Any "Blessings" Since You've Left The Truth?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Piph
    Piph

I haven't had thoughts of suicide since I've been out. 8-) I still feel depressed off and on, but it's not as bleak or as intense as it used to be. I also noticed that I don't HATE certain people as much as I used to. (I used to harbor murderous thoughts about some people from my past, and I've noticed those feelings have seemed to evaporate.)

• Xena
    Xena

I'm happy, healthy, have a good job, great friends who love me for who I am and I am raising a bright beautiful daughter with great self esteem and excellent social skills who WILL go to collage.

My futures so bright I gotta wear shades

• gumby
    gumby

Yeah, ......I don't have ta wear suits anymore

I can be a worldly, heathen bastard, gumby.......and be proud of myself, and not give a crap about guilt anymore. I can figure truth for myself, I can shoot heroin.........................................just kiddin, ...all I can't do is one damn thing about this religion in the way of stopping it from ruining my family....and that's a pisser!

Gumby

• writerpen
    writerpen
    My futures so bright I gotta wear shades

Excellent qoute Xena. I too have experienced blessing that are too numerious to mention.

• minimus
    minimus

Many are happy not to feel worry and fear that the elders will get on your case or see if you're doing what you're supposed to do. Less guilt.It is a "blessing" to know that you are not vainly serving an organization that claims to speak for God.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Though my life is not perfect, I feel as though I am very blessed in many areas. I have many friends, business is good, and a great wife and kids.

• minimus
    minimus

I was raised with the thinking that if things weren't going well for you "it was a sign of no blessings". Anytime something bad might happen in my family, my mother, aunts, etc. would start to wonder whether they were doing something to upset Jehovah. Why weren't they getting blessings? If they were given a gift such as an automobile to pioneer, it was a sign that Jehovah was "blessing" them. Good things= God's blessings. Bad things= God's NOT blessing you.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I've been blessed with extra sleep Saturday and Sunday mornings!

Outaservice (and still in bed)

• sens
    sens
    Anytime something bad might happen in my family, my mother, aunts, etc. would start to wonder whether they were doing something to upset Jehovah.

I still live in this mindset

• wednesday
    wednesday

I know i'm ok, even if the jws don't think so. I feel so relieved not be worrying about the big "A" all the time..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit