Why you Should wear a mask.

by Giordano 10 Replies latest social current

• Giordano
    Giordano

From Health and Science in The Week August 14, 2020. Page 21

"Scientists know that face masks can prevent infected people from spreading the corona-virus to others. Now research suggests that masks can also protect uninfected wearers, by reducing the risk they'll get seriously ill from the virus--or even catch it in the first place.

Virologists suspect that people wearing face coverings inhale fewer airborne viral particles, making it easier for their immune system to fight and defeat the intruders.

In one seafood plant in Oregon where masked were widely used, 90% of all cases were asymptomatic.

Likewise, the asymptomatic rate was above 80 percent on a cruise ship where passengers were issued masks."

A face covering can help hinder the virus from infecting you.

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

The cult of the mask. Enjoy your Swiss cheese condoms

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

They made it mandatory to wear mask to places here. I wear one while I cant help to hum Nineteen Eigthy-Four

• minimus
    minimus

Wear your mask even when you are alone in your house or car. You just never know if it could save your life or someone else’s.

• JoenB75
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

This is an interesting concept I haven't heard before, namely, that wearing a mask results in asymptomatic contraction followed by immunity. The question though now is:

Is asymptomatic contraction already likely with or without masks, because correlation isn't causation?

• Simon
    Simon

There doesn't appear to be any correlation with mask wearing. The virus runs its course largely regardless of what we do. We should just roll with it, it's what species do.

We were just meant to flatten the curve to prevent health-care being overwhelmed. But then it turns out that healthcare are clueless shits who have probably killed as many people as they've "saved" (but we have to applaud them?)

If you send infected people into old people's homes, it's worse. Otherwise, there isn't a lot we can do - we build up immunity, apparently it seems we only need 20% as many people have natural immunity already from previous exposure to corona viruses.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    There doesn't appear to be any correlation with mask wearing. The virus runs its course largely regardless of what we do. We should just roll with it, it's what species do.

Us in the medical industry would disagree. We know when we break the rules for various reasons and we find ourselves infected its undeniable. You have no idea what this pandemic is actually like until you are on the front lines. Masks when taken seriously will save lives. Simply stupid concept. Yet not only the most mentally challenged among us just do not get it.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

the more viruses in rhe air... the more likely we will get them inside our body... the stronger our immune system the better we will fight them.

the less viruses you put in the air surrounding people the less people ypu will infect.

people confuse motives with facts.

do safety belts protect you more in a car accident? duh! should a law be the reason you wear it? or should you wear it regardless of the law?

this is a new virus... why should people know what to do even experts? you could refuse to wear a mask.. because we dont know yet... or you could wear it because we dont know yet.... i guess that will be determined by your level of intelligence

• LV101
    LV101

tgnd - question - if medical personnel are required to wear masks then why does COVID 19 infection kill patients - although our friend last week may have contracted the virus in the rehab he was sent to after surgery. He was very unhappy with his experience at rehab facility while there - became sick and transported back to hospital and died of COVID 19. He'd had 2 hip replacements past decade (x-athelete/college baseball player) - took a bad fall few wks ago and was in hospital to have damaged hip redone. Not good. I'd assume rehab personnel are conscientious of wearing masks but perhaps the younger personnel are sloppy about but mask wearing is mandatory here - not that it means anything to some.

It has to be so contagious and my friend (older) working at mall says the younger ones stroll through store with masks hanging half off their faces while laughing, talking, etc. They can get away with it compared to older ones.

Personally know 2 people dying of COVID 19 in one week - the other one a young man infected/died -- father of very young daughter. It's brutal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit