So many great actors/actresses from Australia....

by DanTheMan 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I just saw "Mulholland Drive", featuring the incredibly lovely Naomi Watts, who pulled off what is one of the most superb acting performances I've ever witnessed, she was spectacular.

I did a little bit of internet research after seeing the movie, because it was very strange and even though I enjoyed it, I couldn't make any sense of it. Among other things, I learn that the aforementioned Ms. Watts is an Aussie.

It must be something in the water down there. Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Naomi Watts, Nicole Kidman, Mel Gibson, all incredibly gifted actors. Thanks Australia!

Warning: don't watch Mulholland Drive unless you know what you're getting into, it is not for the faint of heart.

Naomi Watts:

Isn't she lovely??????!!!!!!!

• nilfun
    nilfun

You forgot Yahoo Serious and Steve Irwin.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Careful you don't let the Kiwis hear you claiming Russell Crowe to be an Aussie! (Even if he doesn't dispute the claim...)

• Frantic
    Frantic

Yes, there may be great actors/actresses, however, Australian film is perhaps the WORST in the world.

I have watched Mullholland DR and you're right she was spectaclar. I dont want to spoil anything for those who havent seen it, but as DantheMan said its not for the faint hearted. Great movie. I actually watched the diabolical thriller "The Ring" last night, staring Naomi watts as the lead actress - again brilliant. If you havent seen it - please do. Its a re-make of an asian film.

Stephanus you look like Glenn Robbins in your photo. Not meant to be an insult or a compliment.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Naomi is in "The Ring" too?

Say no more!

*rushes off to video store*

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Australian film is perhaps the WORST in the world

No, I don't think so. Certainly some of the TV series are woeful, but then other countries have that too. Just look at Eastenders!

For a really good Oz movie, try "The Barbed Wire Fence".

BTW didn't you like "Muriel's Wedding"? Or "Strictly Ballroom"?

• Mulan
    Mulan

I loved Muriel's Wedding.

• SiouxWoman
    SiouxWoman

I I love Aussie movies. Did anyone see Queen of the desert, It rocked. Also one the main caracters is the same guy that keeps trying to kill Keaneau Reeves.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

My favorite Australian actor is Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I did a little bit of internet research after seeing the movie, because it was very strange and even though I enjoyed it, I couldn't make any sense of it.

LOL...It's completely normal to be lost the first time you watch Mulholland Drive. You think you're following it just fine, but after a certain transition nothing makes sense. One of my favorite movies!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit