Revised bible in Dutch

by Rather Be the Hammer 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

We had a special talk (streaming) today from G. Jackson, announcing the new revised bible in Dutch. There are many many changes, even some of the the Dutch 'JW-language' will change because bible verses changed. Also brother Jackson admitted (be it in a joking way ) that whole talks in the past (until now) had been based on wrong translated bible verses.

IN The congregation was a new bible for every publisher. I didn't get one. I don't understand that, because though I'm not an ACTIVE publisher I always thought in JW speak I still was a publisher. Maybe they changed something, or maybe I never understood it at all. 😏

Another brother didn't get one either he left the kingdom hall in anger.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Whahaha lol at the angry brother. And here I was thinking the WT BIBLE and Tract Society would happily hand out their bibles for free.

What JW lingo is going to be changed?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

PS @RatherBeTheHammer:

I think you didn't get because the bros want to avoid anyone getting the impression it's your birthday present ;-)

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

'De grote schare' doesn't exist anymore. It is 'de grote menigte' now in Rev.7:9

and also 'geloof oefenen' was something that had been literally translated from English, not from Greek. In Greek 'faith' can be a verb, just like in Dutch. In English it needs other words...to put faith in someone, have faith, exercise faith.

Indeed we had lots of times spelled out in talks how we have to EXERCISE faith...as if it is a work we have to do. (Exercising like in 'workout, training'). All based on that translation from ENGLISH instead of Greek... now it is simple 'geloven' instead of 'geloof oefenen'.

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

Hehe, yes, regarding my birthday, i Joked to my husband that the bible was a nice gift for my birthday. Then he joked back that it was his gift for me. Lol. But it turned out I didn't get one....😂

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Looking through the new Bible I noticed a list of events. All dates were just a year (e.g. 33 ce) except 1914....that one is circa 1914....

Interesting....

• George One Time
    George One Time

It is a hot day in Holland, and you are already writing about the big event

In our congregation, we got the Bible directly after brother Jackson mentioned it, while all the other congregations still had to wait. A mistake of an old MS.

Anyone from Belgium or Surinam on this forum?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I was with our children at the beach. Heard that the Dutch JW's had to sit 3 hours in the k-hall on this summer day with 30 degree celsius... ha ha.

3 hours streaming 😲😲😲

G.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

....whole talks in the past (until now) had been based on wrong translated bible verses.

They were, and still are. It's the WT after all!

• freddo
    freddo

"3 hours streaming" in 30 degrees C?

3 hours steaming perhaps?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit