the name Jehovah: magical?

by enoughisenough 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Didn't know the best subject area to put this question under....I was listening to a discussion on youtube the other day while working, so not getting every point ....part of what was talked about was the word Jehovah, ( not being the most accurate translation of YHWH ) was however pushed by illuminati /secret societies for its use in magic. (as I informed, I wasn't getting the whole conversion as I also had attention elsewhere and some of the conversation was hard to follow.) So I am wondering if anyone on here has more information on the subject they care to share. I remember thinking, maybe there is something to it ( as in mind control ) and that being why so many were/are fooled.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    • I remember thinking, maybe there is something to it ( as in mind control ) and that being why so many were/are fooled.

JW's do seem to be under some sort of spell. Their brains are broken. At my hehest, I watched my dad read a scripture once and confirm whether or not he believed it. Then, when he looked up from the page he would say the opposite of what he just read.

Some may just say that was his indoctrination kicking it. Maybe. But he certainly looked like he was unable to read a simple scripture and understand it once the spell/indoctrination/mind control kicked in. I could see in his eyes the exact moment when it did.

Here's a short good read on the occult origins of JW's.

https://jashow.org/articles/the-pagan-roots-of-jehovahs-witnesses/

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Sea Breeze, thanks for the link...I made up a FB post and linked the article. Most of old JW "friends" unfriended me, but you never know who may be checking you out on FB. The other thing is, I want those who do see the postings to have reasons not to get sucked into the religion.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Magical Name ooh please! It's like stepping repeatedly in a pile of dog crap and not having any getting on your shoes. Makes you look ridiculous.

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy

Jehovah is English tradition for the Deity in the Old Testament. Likewise, Jesus is the English traditional name for the Messiah in the New Testament. Neither of their pronunciations is exactly as it would have been pronounced in Hebrew. To insist on Yahweh and Yeshua is sort of scholarly pedantic, or ignorantly presumptuous. If you want to speak Hebrew, fine go ahead. But why only pronounce names in Hebrew, did the early Gentile Christians pronounce names Greek fashion?

• Duran
    Duran

יהושע (Hebrew)

YeHOshua/JeHOshua (English)

יהוה (Hebrew)

YeHOaH/JeHOaH (English)

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Names were regarded as potent. Miracles were done by using the name of Jesus for instance:

By stretching forth thy hand to cures, and signs, and wonders to be done by the name of thy holy Son Jesus.

Similarly the names of the God of the Jews, in many forms and spellings, were believed to have great power to heal and harm. The practice is very ancient and predates Judaism's formulation in the 5/6th centuries BCE. Relatedly, it was felt that knowing the name of evil spirits gave power over them. It might be that is why the author of the story in Mark has Jesus demand the name of the demon possessing the man who lived in the graveyard who had supernatural strength to break chains. The demons' response complicates the story as it appears to be the result of the merging of two narratives. (the demons entering the 2000 swine, with it's gematria significance, with the story of a demon posession of a superhuman). But the 'name' element is retained.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The Watchtower itself figures prominently in witchcraft.

From the website Witches and Pagans:

These days witches' circles are often cast complete with invocations to the guardians of the Watchtowers, one in each cardinal direction.

According to researcher John Michael Greer, the Watchtowers most likely entered the Craft from the Golden Dawn, which in turn derived them from John Dee's Enochian magic. During the original Enochian workings, during the 1580s, scryer Edward Kelly had a vision of four great towers at the quarters of the earth, the seats of guardian archangels (Greer 581).

In the magic circle with its Four Watchtowers, then, we have, in effect, re-entered old tribal territory. Its clearly-defined boundaries between in and out, tame and wild, us and other, very neatly reflect the same division of space into in-garth and out-garth that characterises ancient Germanic thought (Wódening 5ff).

In the magic circle we stand once again, as it were, in the ancient Kingdom of the Hwicce, the theedish (tribal) homeland of the Tribe of Witches.

Just look at all the Prime Time that the Watchtower has given to the topic of witchcraft over the years.

https://www.jw.org/en/search/?q=Witchcraft

Seems like it is a topic on their minds a lot.

And there is this fine article ironically in the April 1st 2000 Watchtower (April Fools Day) :

What Do You Know About Witchcraft?

Here the WT quotes a Wiccan High Priestess. They call her a "researcher" :

In one survey, dozens of witches were asked what message they most wanted to express to the public. Their answer, summarized by researcher Margot Adler, was: “We are not evil. We do not worship the Devil. We don’t harm or seduce people. We are not dangerous. We are ordinary people like you. We have families, jobs, hopes, and dreams. We are not a cult. We are not weird. . . . You don’t have to be afraid of us. . . . We are much more similar to you than you think.”

• blondie
    blondie

As recently as November 2021 study edition p. 23-24, the WTS share this experience, "Consider the experience of a sister named Vero, who lives in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Vero, her unbelieving husband, and their 15-year-old daughter had to flee their village when it was attacked by a militia group. Along the way, the family came to a roadblock where the militia detained them and threatened to execute them. When Vero began to cry, her daughter tried to calm

her by praying out loud and by repeatedly using Jehovah’s name in her prayer. When she finished, the commander of the militia group asked, “Young girl, who taught you to pray?” She replied, “My mother did, using the pattern that is found at Matthew 6:9-13.” The commander said, “Young girl, go with your parents in peace, and may Jehovah your God protect you!”"
  • CriticalBible2.0
    CriticalBible2.0

According to Nehemiah Gordon YHWH was used as a transliteration of Jupiter by first and second century Samaritans. I guess we should all praise Jupiter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit